Why Lord Buddha Appeared

Lord Buddha is a very amazing incarnation of God because He taught atheism. The reason he did this is that after the beginning of the Kali Yuga, the most materialistic of all ages, which began 5,000 years ago, people were using the descriptions of animal sacrifices from the Vedas to justify cow slaughter. These sacrifices were not for cow killing. By the power of mantra the old cow was given the body of a young calf. The cows were not killed. They were rejuvenated. But people were using these descriptions in the Vedic scriptures to falsely legitimatize cow killing. Since the world population at that time was very low class the would be able to understand higher spiritual knowledge. So out of kindness upon the poor animals Lord Buddha denied the Vedas teaching instead a philosophy of non-violence to stop the cow killing and that everything is void.

In this way he paved the way for an incarnation of Lord Shiva who taught a compromise between atheism and theism, who was followed by the incarnation of God Himself, Lord Sri Krishna, known as Lord Caitanya, who re-established full blown theism attained by ecstatic chanting and dancing of the holy names of God.

Lord Buddha Taught Non-Violence

Lord Buddha Taught Non-Violence

Video for the Day

Blessed by Distress

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Give Up Eating Meat?

Dear Srila Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

I would like to discuss something important as follows:

As I admitted to you some days ago that I have been eating meat for the last 35-40 years on a daily basis, I would like to say further in this regard that I have tried my best to abstain from eating meat for the last one or two months.

But still sometimes I feel that I have not been abler to conquer over my inner attraction towards meat completely until now. So I need your advice in this regard how I can put a complete stop of my addictive tendency to consume meat in my life forever.

Please help me, Srila Gurudeva. I need your guidance

Thank you,

Amit Gupta
Dwarka, New Delhi, India


Answer: Here's How

From: Santiago, Chile

My Dear Amit,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

If you will offer all of your fruits, vegetables, grains, and dairy products to Lord Krishna before eating, you can easily give up your bad habit of eating rotten flesh, which condemns you to being an animal in your next birth to be eaten by one of the same animals that you ate.

I hope this meets you in the best of health
and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?