Spiritual Enlightenment

Most of what we hear nowadays about spiritual enlightenment is completely bogus. The genuine method for spiritual enlightenment is to become the completely sold out disciple of the bona fide spiritual master. Because he has attained spiritual enlightenment, simply by following his merciful instructions you will also become spiritually enlightened. And then you will become empowered to also become a spiritual master who can enlighten those who are serious to follow your instructions.

Click Here for Sunday Feast Lecture at ISKCON Austin--20 January 2019

My Most Beloved Spiritual Master: His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

My Most Beloved Spiritual Master: His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Video for the Day

How to Attain Liberation


Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: If They Know You Are Enlightened?

In the West or in Europe, how do people react to you if they know you are enlightened?

Anonymous


Answer: They Become My Disciples
They become my disciples. I have disciples all the over the world not just in the West. In fact I have 31,000 people signed for my self-realization e-course at: www.JoinCourse.com (http://www.JoinCourse.com). My spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, has blessed me with spiritual enlightenment and has given me the duty that I must now enlighten the entire world. Of course, I consider myself to totally unfit for such a mighty task. But remembering the story of the little sparrow who tried to dry up the ocean I accept this assignment as my lifetime duty, even my duty birth after birth if Lord Sri Krishna so desires.

The story of the little sparrow goes like this:

“As for determination, one should follow the example of the sparrow who lost her eggs in the waves of the ocean. A sparrow laid her eggs on the shore of the ocean, but the big ocean carried away the eggs on its waves. The sparrow became very upset and asked the ocean to return her eggs. The ocean did not even consider her appeal. So the sparrow decided to dry up the ocean. She began to pick out the water in her small beak, and everyone laughed at her for her impossible determination. The news of her activity spread, and at last Garuda, the gigantic bird carrier of Lord Visnu, heard it. He became compassionate toward his small sister bird, and so he came to see the sparrow. Garuda was very pleased by the determination of the small sparrow, and he promised to help. Thus Garuda at once asked the ocean to return her eggs lest he himself take up the work of the sparrow with his great mystic power. The ocean was frightened at this, and returned the eggs. Thus the sparrow became happy by the grace of Garuda.”

So I know that I have no power to accomplish anything regarding the enlightenment of the human society. But I also know that since God helps those who help themselves, if I make the sincere endeavor to do so, by God’s grace the most inconceivable miracles can happen including even the spiritual enlightenment of the entire human society. So I plod on like the little sparrow hoping and praying for God’s miracle.


Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?