Conquering All Difficulties

Kuntidevi and her sons were put into one difficulty after another for years and years together. They were put into trouble by Duryodhana and his party due to the kingdom, and each and every time the sons of Kunti were saved by the Lord. Once Bhima was administered poison in a cake, once they were put into a house made of lac that was set afire, and once Draupadi was dragged into the vicious assembly of the Kurus and attempts were made to insult her by stripping her naked. The Lord saved Draupadi by supplying an immeasurable length of cloth, and Duryodhana's party failed to see her naked. Similarly, when they were exiled in the forest, Bhima had to fight with the man-eater demon Hidimba Raksasa, but the Lord saved him. So it was not finished there. After all these tribulations, there was the great Battle of Kuruksetra, and Arjuna had to meet such great generals as Drona, Bhisma and Karna, all powerful fighters. And at last, even when everything was done, there was the brahmastra released by the son of Dronacarya to kill the child within the womb of Uttara, and so the Lord saved the only surviving descendant of the Kurus, Maharaja Pariksit.

Finally when the period of danger was over and Kunti and her sons were safely in Hastinapur as the ruling family of the world Krishna was leaving to go to Dwarka. At the time Kunti, feeling that it was better that they should always be in difficulty so that Krishna would be always be them, prayed as follows as mentioned in the Srimad Bhagavatam, First Canto, Chapter 8, Text 25:

vipadaḥ santu tāḥ śaśvat
tatra tatra jagad-guro
bhavato darśanaṁ yat syād
apunar bhava-darśanam

"I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths."


When Srila Prabhupada's disciple, Himavati Devi Dasi, wrote Srila Prabhupada that she was praying that she would always be in difficulty Srila Prabhupada replied to her as follows in a letter dated 17 November 1971 from Delhi:

"Your prayer that you may be put always in difficulty is just like Queen Kunti Devi. She prayed to Krishna in the same way, because whenever there was trouble Krishna felt the suffering of His devotees and stayed by them to help them. And as soon as the trouble ended, Krishna went away! So let us always pray that Krishna may put us into difficulty so that we may expect that He will also remain by us and not go away."

So if we always pray to Krishna to keep us always in difficulty, we will never feel ourselves to ever be in difficulty. Instead we will feel that we are always in the loving hands of Lord Sri Krishna, Who is so kindly protecting us and blessing us in every situation.

Queen Kunti Prays to Always Be In Difficulty

Queen Kunti Prays to Always Be In Difficulty

Video for the Day

Taste Unlimited Nectar!

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

How I Found You

Please accept my obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

This morning during japa I thought how you are appeared in my life. Last year I was searching on Google for a shirt, with the writing "Spiritual Revolutionary". The first thing that appeared to me was not what I was searching but your site and your image while meditating. From that moment I started to follow you. What is happened is was really mindblowing because at those time I remember I was struggling with a lot of doubts about which spiritual master I had to choose. I was praying Krsna to help me in my search and just typing those two simple words you are arrived in my life. How misericordious is God? You ask for help sincerely and He arranges something.

I was searching that shirt because I saw it weared by the singer of hardcore band Cro-Mags. I spent my life in the local anarcho punk hardcore scene, trying to open the eyes of people about all the injustices of this world and hoping in a "revolution". The word "punk" can be misleading...I was not interested in heavy music, drugs or alcool. Thank to that scene in 2010 I abandoned alcohol and I became straight edge (that faction of alcohol/drugs/sex enjoyment free punks) and vegan. And thanks to Shelter, a punk band of devotees, I discovered Krsna Consciousness. I also played in a band (To Ashes) with lyrics focused on animal and Earth liberation, about revolution from oppressors, about the importance to live a sober and clean lifestyle, etc.

Now I'm not in that scene (neither in that band) anymore but I feel the same need of a revolution, but now like the one you preach. As I wrote for an old, unreleased song: the real revolution is the spiritual evolution. Srila Prabhupada is the biggest revolutionary I know, as the same as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. What they did for humanity is totally amazing and is undoubtely fantastic that there are people like you that is still chanting and preaching after all those years, raising our souls again.

I'm really happy to be a part of this revolution leaded by you and your Godbrothers. Forever in the first line to bring Holy Name to all needful people. Count on me for any help and please, continue to inspire us through your words and your example.

ājānu-lambita-bhujau kanakāvadātau
saṅkīrtanaika-pitarau kamalāyatākṣau
viśvambharau dvija-varau yuga-dharma-pālau
vande jagat priya-karau karuṇāvatārau

"I offer my respectful obeisances unto Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu and Sri Nityananda Prabhu, whose long arms extend to Their knees. They have splendid golden complexions, and They inaugurated the congregational chanting of the holy names of the Lord. Their eyes resemble the petals of lotus flowers. They are the maintainers of all the worlds, the best of the brahmanas, the protectors of the religious principles for this age. They bring happiness to the people of the world and are the most merciful of all incarnations."

Cheers from Italy!

Your servant,

Andrea


Reply: Let's Make a Revolution

From: Toronto, Canada

My Dear Andrea,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

It's a fact that if we chant Hare Krishna purely, we can pull off the greatest paradigm shift in world history.

The Scriptures predict that this will happen. It is stated in the (Brahma-vaivarta Purana 4.129.59) that the whole world will become Krishna conscious:

kaler dasa-sahasrāni
mabhaktāh samti bhu-tale
ekavarnā bhavisyamti
madbhakteṣu gatesu ca

"For 10,000 years of Kali such devotees of Mine will fill the whole planet. After the departure of My devotees there will be only one varna [outcaste]."

The 10,000 year period began with the advent of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. His movement will continue expanding until the whole world becomes Krishna conscious.

So let's try to make it happen during our lifetimes, and if not let us be determined to take birth after birth until it happens.
I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?