Choosing a Career

As a college student at Austin College in Sherman, Texas USA I was supposed to choose a major field of study so that I could become qualified to enter into the career of my choice. But there was no career that attracted me. Finally I opted for theatre for lack of anything else. So I transferred in my 3rd year of undergraduate studies to the University of Texas at Austin, which had one of the top rated drama departments in the entire USA. For a time I was thinking that I had finally found my niche until one day we heard a presentation by one of our graduates who had become a successful actor. After hearing what it was like in the real world of theatre I realized that it was not for me.

Not finding fulfillment in any sort of career path, I was seeking knowledge of my actual identity beyond the dictates of the material society. Thus I pursued the path of self-realization, which led me ultimately to realize that I am the eternal servant of God and that my career is to be part of a spiritual revolution for the complete, total respiritualization of the entire human society.
I realized my niche almost a half century ago. It was definitely the proper conclusion, the culmination of my intensely desiring to know who I actually am.

My Super Ecstatic Career- Leading Group Mantra Meditation in 1973

My Super Ecstatic Career- Leading Group Mantra Meditation in 1973

Video for the Day

Why Not Be Who You Really Are?

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: Do We Need God?

I have a serious question. Do we need God?
Kindly send your reply at your convenience.

With regards,
Yours sincerely,
Dr. Sresh Vachharajani 

Answer: Without Him We Have No Existence

From: Solferino, Mauritius

My Dear Dr. Vachharajani,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

We absolutely need God for everything because it is only by dint of His emanating us from Himself at every minute that we even exist at all. In other words, without Him we have no existence.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.
Your ever well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?