My Chosen Career Path

My first career choice as a young university student was to become an actor. For this purpose I was enrolled in the drama department at the University of Texas at Austin, But then when one of the graduates of our school told us what it is actually like being an actor, I realized that was not for me. And then after being introduced to the path of self-realization I opted to renounce the world and adopt the career path of a holy beggar in India. On the way to India to begin my chosen career I realized that the perfection of renunciation was to also renounce renunciation. At that point I resolved that instead of leaving the world I would stay in it with the career path of a spiritual revolutionary fully dedicated to bringing a about a total respiritualization of the human society. So I reversed my travel direction. Instead of going east to India, I went west to San Francisco where I endeavored to bring a spiritual revolution to the human society. After two years of being unsuccessful in my attempt and seeing that the Hare Krishna movement was already successfully engaged in bringing about global respiritualization I decided to join this glorious movement as a duly initiated disciples of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. This is the career path I have fully absorbed myself in for the last 45 years, and I will continue to do so until my last dying breath or even birth after birth, if that is what Srila Prabhupada and Lord Sri Krishna desires of me.

Srila Prabhupada Spearheads a Global Spiritual Revolution

Srila Prabhupada Spearheads a Global Spiritual Revolution

Video For the Day

Become Self Realized

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Shiva and Vishnu are One and the Same?

My Dear Respected Guru

This morning I was hearing Vishnu Sahasarnama (the Thousand Names of Vishnu) in YouTube wherein in the description it was written that Vishnu and Shiva should not be distinguished because they are one and the same. How is it possible?

Please clarify me in this regard

Yours humbly

Geetha Rao

Answer: No. They are One and Different.

Just because something is stated in YouTube does not mean that it is true. Just as goat can eat anything, any fool or rascal can post some nonsensical thing on YouTube. The standard for what is actually true is the Vedic wisdom, which clearly differentiates between Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva. Lord Vishnu is compared to milk and Lord Shiva is compare to yogurt (dahi). Yogurt or dahi is nothing but a transformation of milk. So in one sense Vishnu and Shiva are the same. The difference is that while yogurt can be derived from milk, it is not possible for milk to be derived from yogurt. So even though Lord Shiva is derived from Lord Vishnu, it is not possible to derive Lord Vishnu from Lord Shiva. This is the difference.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?