Nothing to Lose--Everything to Gain

You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by seriously taking up this process of Krishna consciousness. So do yourself a favor. Don't remain a stagnant, miserable mess. Awaken your Krishna consciousness and experience the highest ecstasy at every minute. Come back to your original, eternal identity, which as been deeply buried in forgetfulness for millions of lifetimes. Simply be who you are, overflowing with love for the Supreme Lord and for all of His children.

Bhagavad-gita Lecture--17 May 2016--Kaunas, Lithuania

Sankarshan Das giving Bhagavad-gita Lecture,Kaunas, Lithuania

Sankarshan Das giving Bhagavad-gita Lecture,Kaunas, Lithuania

Video For the Day: Whole World Krishna Conscious

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Non-Brahmanas Given Transcendental Knowledge?

Respected Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisance.

Was the knowledge of science of God imparted to non caste brahmins in history before Lord Sri Chaitanya? Were other castes, even sudras allowed to learn revealed scriptures in ancient times?

Thanks,
Chenthil

Answer: Yes

Yes, they were. There is a nice example of this given in the Jabala Upanishad:

There was a boy named Satyakama Jabala. He was the son of a prostitute. He approached Gautama Muni asking, "You kindly make me your disciple.” Gautama Muni said, "What is your caste? I do not initiate anyone who is not born of a brahmana father." Satyakama replied, "I am my mother's son, that's all.” Gautama Muni asked, "Then who is your father?” The boy said, "That I do not know.” Gautama Muni then instructed him, “So ask your mother.” When Satyakama asked his mother, she said, "My dear son, I do not know who is your father.” So Satyakama came and said to Gautama Muni, "Sir, my mother also does not know who is my father." So Gautama Muni accepted him as disciple because he was truthful. He saw that he has the brahminical qualification of truthfulness. No one, especially in those days, was willing to admit that he is the son of a prostitute. But he admitted, "Yes, my mother does not know by whom I was begotten." So this was Satyakama's qualification.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?