Don't Be Cheated

If you don't cheat yourself, nobody can cheat you. And if you do cheat yourself, everyone will cheat you. Therefore life's most important lesson is how not to cheat yourself. So how is this accomplished? How does one not cheat himself? This is done by knowing who you are. When you understand that you are not your body, that you are an eternal spiritual being qualitatively one with the Supreme Being and you then dovetail your individual consciousness with His Supreme Consciousness, you have rightly situated yourself beyond being cheated. Any other state of being is a denial of your actual identity and is the most horrendous form of cheating. And if you cheat yourself, you will be the worst cheater of all others.

Do You Want Krishna or Maya?

Lord Krishna with His cowherd boys enjoying lunch

Video For the Day: Real Science

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Trouble With My Work Schedule

I am having difficulties with my working time. Early morning I have to rush to work, and I come home late at night. The best I can do for myself is chant and read Srila Prabhupada's books whenever possible. Whenever I see Srila Prabhupada's face the happiness I get is unlimited. I don't have enough time to go to the temple and associate with devotees. I feel very bad. I want to take shelter from a guru and get initiated, but I don't know how it possible. I don't want to waste my time living in this ignorant world and being far away from Krishna.

I need your advice and guidance so that I can be closer to Krishna and spread the happiness of chanting the great maha mantra.

Please help me.

Your servant,

Jeya B.

Answer: Connect With Krishna at Every Moment

If you can simply focus on chanting your 16 rounds daily without fail, strictly following the four regulative principles in all circumstances, and whenever possible hearing lectures and reading Srila Prabhupada’s books—Krishna will surely bless you that you can be initiated by the bona fide spiritual master and become fully qualified for going back to home, back to Godhead. Krishna is always there with you 24 hours a day. You simply have to always be in a prayerful, devotional, sober mood to feel your connection with Him.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?