Human Life, the Greatest Opportunity

In the lower species--animals, plants, birds, fish, worms, and reptiles--there is no facility for self-realization because one is completely under the grip of the material modes of nature with no freedom to do anything beyond the impulses of those modes. The living entities in those species are simply puppets of maya or illusion with no freedom. Human life, however, is the greatest opportunity because it gives one the full freedom to come out from the grip of the material nature and become a fully self-realized being qualified to regain his eternal spiritual body in the transcendental world. Therefore those living beings who have attained the human form should take full advantage of their freedom. Otherwise by the action of the law of karma they will find themselves in one of the lower species in their next birth.

Transmigration of the Soul to the Human Form

Transmigration of the Soul to the Human Form

Video For the Day: Awakening Your Divine Consciousness 

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Overcome Bad Habits

I read many times your "Thought for the Day" and get inspired. It is a very wonderful series, which gives clear knowledge.

My question to you: Since the last 8 years I am struggling to overcome some of my personal bad habits where I agitate my senses. I always pray to Lord and then stop these bad habits for some days. But then I start doing this again. Sometimes to overcome it, I vow in front of Deity, but still find myself doing the bad things again. I feel frustrated and find no enthusiasm to do anything. I am just dragging myself to my routine job and simply passing the time. There is no goal; there is no hope.

I know this is due to my lack of commitment, but still I need some practical solution to overcome this.

Anonymous

Answer: Decide Where You Want to Go

This sounds like you are having difficulty overcoming an addiction to masturbation. If you continue to knowingly perform such sinful activities under the influence of the material modes of nature, you will become an animal in your next birth. So now you must decide whether you want to go down to the animal kingdom in your next birth or whether you want to go back to home, back to Godhead--and then act accordingly.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?