We Must Now Close the Slaughterhouses

On 1 May 2015 here in Kaliningrad, Russia I was giving a lecture to a large hall full of locals. During the question and answer session a woman in the back of the hall stood up and asked what we think about violence. I explained to her how the violence on this planet is the karmic reaction for the slaughterhouses, and that the slaughterhouses therefore must now all be closed. The audience immediately applauded in appreciation of this point.

The ignorant masses who foolishly eat slaughterhouse food are responsible due to the law of karma for the gradual transformation of this planet into a slaughterhouse for human beings also. It is because of them that over 3,000 innocent animals are slaughtered at every second on this planet. This is why we have so many murders, wars, and untimely deaths on this planet.

Therefore I am advising the world's leaders that if you want to stop the violence on this planet, you must stop committing violence against the innocent animals. As long as you continue to maintain these heinous slaughterhouses you will find that this entire planet will gradually come more and more of slaughterhouse of human beings.

Decrying the Slaughterhouse Civilization
2 May 2015--Kaliningrad, Russia


Decrying the Slaughterhouse Civilization, Kaliningrad, Russia

Decrying the Slaughterhouse Civilization, Kaliningrad, Russia

Decrying the Slaughterhouse Civilization, Kaliningrad, Russia

Testimonial From B. Shyamala

I am your student through the e-course for the last 6-7 years. In your "Thought for the Day" messages you always tell people who contact you with their problems to chant the Hare Krishna maha mantra:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

I have taken this as my motto, and whenever problems go beyond a certain limit I just surrender to the mahamantra and start chanting. This exercise gives me immense relief and peace of mind.

Thank you so much, Gurudeva.

I also tell people close to me to chant the mahamantra to get over their problems. I would like to keep in touch with you lifelong, so that I can pick up more good knowledge from you.

Your humble student,
B. Shyamala

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Will Krishna Forgive Me for Drinking Liquor?

I am writing this email to inform you that I have been in touch with ISKCON and trying to follow the four regulative principles for more than one year. But I am having difficulty. My chanting is so weak I am only to chant eight rounds a day instead of the minimum standard of at least 16 rounds and sometimes not even that. My office organized a party in which liquor was served, and I couldn't control myself. I drank alcohol at that party. Now I am feeling so much sorrow. The next day I visited Vrindavan with a devotee and asked Srila Prabhupada and Krishna to forgive me. I want to know if will they forgive me? I am feeling great regret.

Your servant
A.P.

Answer: Surrender to Krishna, and He Will Surely Forgive You

If you will sincerely chant at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mahamantra every day, strictly avoid illicit sex, meat eating, intoxication, and gambling, and also take shelter of the bona fide spiritual master, Krishna will surely forgive you of all the sins that you have committed in millions and millions of lifetimes and mercifully take your back to your original home in the spiritual sky.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?