ISKCON: A Loving Spiritual Family to Unite the Whole World

When our ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C.. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, was physically present in this world an astrologer in India predicted that he will build a house in which the whole world can live. This is indeed what Srila Prabhupada has done. The institution he has created, ISKCON, the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, is a society which will gradually become so popular that eventually the entire world with all of its leaders will become ISKCON followers. Therefore it is the solemn duty of every ISKCON member to see that the movement is always progressing nicely towards that end.

How to do this? We must always remember and follow the instructions of Srila Rupa Goswami to always be engaged in loving exchanges with the devotees.

dadāti pratigṛhṇāti
guhyam ākhyāti pṛcchati
bhuṅkte bhojayate caiva
ṣaḍ-vidhaṁ prīti-lakṣaṇam

"Offering gifts in charity, accepting charitable gifts, revealing one's mind in confidence, inquiring confidentially, accepting prasada and offering prasada are the six symptoms of love shared by one devotee and another."--Nectar of Instruction, Verse 4

Even if we sometimes disagree with each other, we must always agree to stick together as a loving worldwide spiritual family dedicated to following the instructions of Srila Prabhupada. In this way we will all be able to do our duty to make sure that ISKCON is indeed that house in which the entire world can live peacefully and happily.

Srila Prabhupada Built a House in Which the Whole World Can Live


Srila Prabhupada Built a House in Which the Whole World Can Live

 Testimonial from Bhakta Shailen

 Testimonial from Bhakta Shailen
It was in December 2013 that I was told about the Ultimate Self Realization Course by a brahmacari, Pyari Mohan Das. at the Sri Sri Radhanatha Temple in Durban, South Africa. He warned me that I should only sign up if I will read the emails and answer the assignments (which Gurudeva later mentioned, is not a prerequisite), but now I know that Pyari Mohan Prabhu only said that so that I may reap the full benefit.

I contemplated for the rest of December, while visiting Gurudeva's website and reading his "Thoughts for The Day" there, which were so powerful and full of knowledge that when I got back to work in January 2014, I signed up.

When I received the first lesson, I was happy that I now had an opportunity to understand the Bhagavad-gita As It Is under expert guidance and embark on the journey of self-realization. I did the required reading and answered the assignment expecting that this email would just get lost somewhere in the abyss of cyberspace, due to my cynicism, I was thinking surely no one would respond...BUT to my immense delight a few days later I received a personalized feedback on my answer. Ever since this first lesson I have been gaining wonderful insights onto my real spiritual nature from the subsequent lessons.

The "Thought for The Day", is the first email I read everyday and by far the most enlivening. Signing up has been a most beneficial decision and I am extremely grateful to Srila Gurudeva and his support team for giving us this opportunity and I sincerely recommend that everyone who is not already enrolled, do so as soon as possible.

Bhakta Shailen
South Africa

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Deliver Myself?

How to deliver myself, a fallen soul on this planet, and be always prepared to do whatever Krishna wants?

Regards,
Parag R.

Answer: Surrender to the Bona Fide Spiritual Master

The only way to accomplish that is to be fully surrendered at the lotus feet of the bona fide spiritual master, ready to faithfully carry out whatever instruction he gives you.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?