Properly Understanding the Atma, the Real Self

We are programmed in this material world to consider the temporary material body to be the self. But nothing could be further from the truth. This body is a mere covering of the self, a garment worn by the self. It is not the actual self. The real self is a particle of infinitesimal, indivisible, indestructible, anti-material energy, which is qualitatively one with the Supreme Source of all existence. In Sanskrit language this is called the atma. Recently in Tallinn, Estonia at Tallinn University I gave a seminar on this topic. At the conclusion of the seminar I was interviewed for television regarding my seminar. Here is what was broadcast from the seminar and the interview: at http://tudeng.tv/uudised/201346/index.html#3

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada Teaches Us Who We Really Are

Srila Prabhupada Teaches Us Who We Really Are

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Excel and Satisfy Everyone?

If I am grateful to those who have helped me or those who are helping me in my sadhana or in my studies, how can I excel in everything so that I come up to their expectations? Without Lord's grace and the help of so many people in some way or the other, I might not have come to this stage.

Thank you.

Lipsa

Answer: Excellently Serve Lord Sri Krishna

Just as when we water the root of a tree all it's leaves and branches are nourished, if you can just satisfy Lord Sri Krishna, who is the source of all existence, by excellent service, you will naturally excel in everything you do and satisfy everyone.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?