Thank You, Vishnujana Maharaja

I recently corresponded with my Godbrother, Indradyumna Maharaja. I feel a close affinity with him because we were both inspired by Vishnujana Maharaja to join this most sublime Hare Krishna movement. Indradyumna Maharaja very wonderfully wrote me, "Let us try to follow in the footsteps of Vishnujana Maharaja and inspire the devotees like he inspired you and me."

This reminds me of what Srila Prabhupada once wrote about Vishnujana Maharaja, "Vishnujana Maharaja is personally a nice devotee so he has created nice devotees."

Even though I had previously associated with other devotees of the Hare Krishna movement, I was not inspired to join. But after associating with Vishnujana Maharaja and feeling the bliss of Krishna consciousness in his divine association, I realized that to surrender to Krishna under the guidance of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada would be the perfection of my existence. And now after 42 years of serving Srila Prabhupada I can see how correct my realization was. Thank you, Vishnujana Maharaja, for bringing me to Srila Prabhupada.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami Maharaja Pease Park, Austin, Texas USA 1971

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami Maharaja Pease Park, Austin

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Are Men and Women Equal?

Do you believe in equality of men and women?

Bhavishya

Answer: Spiritually, Yes. Materially, No.

"Men and women" refers to the material covering only. Sometimes according to karma the spirit soul takes a male body and sometimes a female body. So, spiritually we are all the same. However, on the material plane men and women are certainly not equal. They are quite different in many ways. In some ways women are superior to men, and in some ways men are superior to women. So, while spiritually men and women are equal, materially they are not.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?