If You Love Me, Love My Dog

Srila Prabhupada explains in his Srimad Bhagavatam lecture given on 4 August 1974 in Vrindavan, India:

"This is the business of the disciple, how to glorify the spiritual master, parampara. I glorify my spiritual master, you glorify your spiritual master. If we simply do that, glorify, then Krishna is glorified."

This is a very important principle for the disciple to always remember and practice, to always be glorifying his spiritual master. This is how to please Krishna. In this connection Srila Prabhupada often quotes the saying, "If you love me, love my dog." He explains that the spiritual master is the dog of God. So one's love of God is seen by how much he loves and glorifies his spiritual master.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Devotees Lovingly Greet Srila PrabhupadaArriving in Sydney, Australia in 1971

Devotees Lovingly Greet Srila PrabhupadaArriving in Sydney

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Forget the Past?

It is very difficult to forget all the hard times I have gone through, especially the pain given by relatives and friends. I know this is deserved karma from my own previous sinful activities. But, Guru Maharaja, could you please tell me how to forget the past? It keeps on coming in my mind.

S.N.

Answer: See It With Transcendental Knowledge

The past contains many valuable lessons to help you become more strong in your Krishna consciousness. Therefore there is no need to forget the past. Simply you should always analyze it from the standpoint of the Vedic teachings. In this way you will not repeat your previous mistakes, and your live will be successful. As it is said, "Failure is the pillar of success."

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?