Last Leg of Journey to Mayapur

25 February 2013--We are now finally just one step away from arriving in the Lord's holy dhama. We are stopping at the Bhaktivedanta Research Centre in Kolkata to see this important ISKCON project which is dedicated to preserving the Vaisnava literatures. Currently they have 3,500 titles in their library and are actively in the process of acquiring as many as possible. These literatures are the most important literatures for the deliverance of the human society.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Bhaktivedanta Research Centre Kolkata, India

Bhaktivedanta Research Centre Kolkata, India

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Am I Insulting the Demigods?

Dear Sir,

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am daily chanting Hare Krishna and I love to read the Bhagavad-gita As It Is. I always like to engage myself in reading the transcendental activities of Krishna. But at the same time I do not like worshipping the other demigods such as Ganesh and Shiva because I know that only Krishna is worshipable. Am I insulting the demigods? Please guide me about this. This is my humble request to you.

Sushant

Answer: You Are Doing the Best Demigod Service

When you water the root of a tree all the leaves and branches are nourished. Similarly, when you serve Lord Krishna, who is the root of everything, all the demigods are automatically satisfied. When you serve Krishna you are the doing the best service to demigods, better than serving them directly.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?