I Was Going Through Hell, But Now I'm in Bliss

Before I surrendered myself at the lotus feet of my eternal spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, I was going through a most miserable hell. But now since August 12, 1971 that I have gotten Srila Prabhupada's shelter, my life has been transformed into a constant celebration of unlimited bliss. So I know from my own personal experience how potent it is to be initiated by a bona fide spiritual master.

Srila Prabhupada instructed his disciples that after his departure that they should also become gurus and initiate disciples. So as one of his disciples it is my duty as a service to him to accept disciples. It's not that I think myself to be qualified for such an exalted position. It is simply a service that I must render because Srila Prabhupada has ordered us to do so.

On 9 September 2012 here in Sri Vrindavana Dhama I accepted four new disciples and gave brahminical initiation to two of my already initiated disciples. It was a most joyful experience both for me and for the new disciples. It is most joyful for the disciple because from the very moment of initiation he is liberated from the cycle of birth and death, awakened into his eternal identity as Krishna's servant. And it also most joyful for the spiritual master because he gets to act as Krishna's agent for bestowing deathlessness upon the disciple.

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: If Krishna Loves Us, Why Do We Suffer?

If Krishna is our biggest well-wisher, then why we are in so much pain even after being dedicated to Him?

Sunny Bhardwaj

Answer: We Are Rejecting His Love

There is no question of "if" Krishna is our best well-wisher. He is absolutely our best friend as He confirms in Bhagavad-gita, Chapter 5, Text 29. Therefore our suffering is not His fault. It is our fault. He is showering us with His unlimited love at every minute, but we are not reciprocating with Him from our side. We are rejecting His love. This is the difficulty.

Just as fish is naturally in pain if he is out of the water, we are currently in great pain because we foolishly gave up our natural residence in the spiritual world to try to enjoy separately from the Lord here in this material world. Even though we think that we are very dedicated to Krishna, the fact is that we are just beginning to awaken from the illusion of material sense gratification. To attain that state completely beyond all material miseries is attainable for the sincere devotee who takes complete shelter of the bona fide spiritual master. But it takes time and serious dedication. You must be determined, enthusiastic, and patient if you want to attain a state beyond all material miseries.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?