Failure of World's Modern Religious Leaders

Because the modern day religious leaders have failed to understand the inner essence of religion they have not been able to properly guide their followers towards the common goal of a peaceful, unified God-centered world society. As we have many times stated before, religion is one, to become a pure lover of God. But as soon as we politicize it by dividing into this religion and that religion we are missing the point and descending into various degrees of material consciousness. Therefore we are now calling upon all the world's religious leaders to carefully read Srila Prabhupada's books so that they can understand how to properly guide their followers for bringing the desired goal of a global God-centered society to today's fractured world.

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: I Am Confused. Am I on the Right Track?

I am trying to get involved in Krishna Consciousness. It happened two years back when i came in contact with some devotees. Initially I stopped eating eggs. Then I started fasting on Ekadasi. And then slowly I started doing japa. I try a lot. But I am not able to fix my chanting rounds daily. Sometimes I am able to do 12 rounds, sometimes 10, sometimes 8, sometimes 4, and on some days none. I go to a nearby ISKCON kirtan every Sunday and pray that Krishna gives me strength to do my fixed rounds of japa daily. I am confused. Am I on the right track or not? Please guide me.

M.S.

Answer: Congratulations for Beginning this Path

After thousands and millions of lifetimes of wandering in the cycle of birth and death, by beginning the path of bhakti you are definitely on the right track. We congratulate you for coming to your senses that you must awaken your dormant Krishna consciousness.

To become fixed in your japa you I suggest that you make a vow that before you take your first meal of the day you will chant a certain number of rounds and then stick to your vow no matter what. If you will rise every day before sunrise, you will easily be able to chant at 16 rounds every day.

May Krishna bless you on your path. Keep me posted how you are progressing.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?