Back to Home, Back to Vrindavana

Srila Rupa Goswami describes that one of the ten most important items in the practice of Krishna consciousness is to reside in a sacred place of pilgrimage such as Dvaraka or Vrindavana. Therefore I consider myself greatly fortunate to have been provided by the Lord with a place of residence here in Vrindavana. Even though we only spend about one and half months here every year, it is still the greatest blessing to be allowed to spend some time in Vrindavana. Srila Prabhupada said that Vrindavana is his home. And it also feels very much like home to us as well.

Even if one cannot come to Vrindavana or cannot live in Vrindavana, they can still live in Vrindavana by making their home as good as Vrindavana. This is accomplished by setting up their home as an ashram, a place of spiritual cultivation. They can prohibit meat eating, intoxication, and gambling in their home and hold regular kirtans there. They can establish an altar in their home and offer all of their food to the Lord on their altar. They can adorn the walls throughout their residence with beautiful posters of Krishna and Krishna's pure devotees. In this way, in any part of the world one can connect solidly with Krishna by living in Vrindavana or a place as good as Vrindavana.

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Why With Quiet Mind No Self Realization?

I understand that the mind produces all that is false, that reality is beyond words description, so these words are only for communication purposes.

I desire nothing but truth, so searching revealed that I know nothing, and that the only thing I can be sure of is that I know nothing, so I desire nothing, yet consciously aware the a desire still remained. So I asked myself, "What is it that I truly desire? To know who I am?".

So Who am I? Now, aware, I am. I am nothing, I am everything, I am both, I am neither, and I am beyond both.

I understand that to know anything, I must first know my self by eliminating all that is false so only truth can remain, to not grasp, to not hold, to be the supreme reality, and from searching within this void a desire awoke; shift all conscious awareness inwards, focus simultaneously together, on one, as one, for one, and STOP, be one's true self, the unconditional love all, pure bliss, for the solution to all problems that, and could possibly exist, is being aware of ones self.

So a question to the realized.

Why is it that when I quiet the mind, focus and go deep within the silence, the totality of the void compels not to realize my self, yet unite all self?

GJR

Answer: Mind Cannot be Quieted. Purify it Instead.

According to your philosophy, words cannot describe reality. Therefore if you abide by your own philosophy, it is meaningless for you try to communicate anything. But yet you have so written so many words. This is hypocritical.

Our philosophy is different. It is logical. There is an Absolute Truth which can be fully realized by a person with a purified mind and senses. According to your philosophy, you cannot have a philosophy. You can only remain silent. Our philosophy is that one can fully realize the Absolute Truth, not by silencing the mind, but by purifying the mind to bring it back to its original state of pure love for God.

You are not successful in your attempt to make your mind silent because the mind is active by nature. It can never be silenced. Therefore instead of fruitlessly trying to make your mind silent, you should fix your mind on transcendental sound vibration. This will liberate your mind from all material thoughts and bring you quickly to the transcendental platform completely beyond this material existence.

The Vedas recommended that the best transcendental sound vibration upon which to fix the mind in this age is the Hare Krishna mahamantra:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

If you will chant this mantra devotedly, especially in the early morning hours, you will be able to fully dovetail your consciousness with the Supreme Consciousness and realize the highest truth and highest happiness, the supreme nirvana that abides in Krishna.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?