The Spiritual Master's Only Anxiety

Srila Prabhupada has wonderfully described why the spiritual master is very dear to Krishna in a lecture that he gave in Los Angeles on 28 December 1973:

"Why the spiritual master is very dear to Krishna? Because his only anxiety is how Krishna will be known all over the world. That's all. He has no ambition, pounds, shilling, pence. He only wants to know, only wants to see that everyone is devotee of Krishna and they are happy."

The spiritual master is so merciful that he is willing to take birth after birth to deliver the suffering souls of this material world. This is why he is described as an ocean of mercy.

The All-Merciful Srila Prabhupada

The All-Merciful Srila Prabhupada

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Spiritual and Material Familial Affection

Dear Guru Maharaja,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Sometimes I pray to Lord Krishna for the good health and long life of my near and dear relatives. Then I wonder that maybe it is a materialistic prayer. Sometimes my behavior hurts them because I point out their emotions towards me as being materialistic. At times I suppress my emotions, thinking them as being materialistic. This is creating a lot of disturbances. Please help me, Guru Maharaja, to understand what is material and what is spiritual in my relationships so that I can engage in them in such a way that is favorable for my Krishna consciousness and for the Krishna consciousness of my near and dear ones.

Your servant
S.T.

Answer: The Perfection of Family Affection

It is natural to feel affection for our friends and family members. Instead of artificially denying this affection we should offer this affection in the service of Krishna by making our friends and family members Krishna conscious. At the same time we should cultivate the transcendental vision of seeing all living beings as our family members and becoming their best friend by giving them Krishna consciousness. This is the perfection of family affection.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?