Realizing and Distributing Pure Bhakti

The absolute necessity for every living being to be happy is the awakening of pure bhakti, pure devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead within his heart. This is his original pure nature before he become contaminated by coming into contact with the material atmosphere. Because of this necessity the ultimate welfare activity is the distribution of pure bhakti to the souls of this material world, who are greatly suffering due to their lack of Krishna consciousness. Whatever one has realized about Krishna, he should distribute to those who do not have Krishna consciousness. And then Krishna, being exceedingly pleased with him, will give him even more realization, which he can then distribute and become qualified for even more realization. In this way by realizing and distributing pure bhakti, the devotee becomes ever-increasingly more advanced in Krishna consciousness and more and more empowered to deliver the fallen, conditioned souls of this universe.

Distributing Pure Bhakti at a Home Program
West Mead, Australia-22 June 2012

Sankarshan Das Distributing Pure Bhakti at a Home Program

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Deal with My Christian Father?

Dear Srila Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Recently my father has taken to Christianity and he keeps telling me that the only way to God is through Jesus. Firstly, how should I respectfully respond to him every time he says this quote from the Bible, which he strongly reaffirms his faith to, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."? And lastly, as a neophyte of Krishna consciousness I understand that I am not in the position to fully educate or preach to my dad about Lord Krishna. Therefore, how can I maintain a balance between my faith and my family life without offending either too much?

Kuvera S.

Answer: Encourage Him to Follow Jesus Perfectly

Encourage him to follow his chosen path with sincerity and full devotion. In this connection Srila Prabhupada has stated in a room conversation on 10 May 1969 in Columbus, Ohio, "Either you follow Lord Jesus Christ or Lord Buddha or Krishna, it doesn't matter much. But do it perfectly. That is our request."

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?