A Devotee is Not Disturbed by External Circumstances

From Mumbai, India on January 4, 1973 Srila Prabhupada wrote as follows in a letter to his disciple, Madhukara Das:

"One mistake of judgment often made by the neophyte devotees is that any time there is some disturbance or some difficulty they are considering that the conditions or the external circumstances under which the difficulty took place are the cause of the difficulty itself. That is not the fact. In this material world there is always some difficulty, no matter in this situation or that situation. Therefore simply by changing my status of occupation or my status of life, that will not help anything. Because the real fact is that if there is any difficulty with others, that is my lack of Krsna consciousness, not theirs. Is this clear?"

So we should always remember that external circumstances are never the cause of our being disturbed. The only reason we are ever disturbed is our lacking of Krishna consciousness. Thus if we are always Krishna conscious we will never be disturbed by any external situation. Even death will not be a disturbance for us.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada Is Always Blissful

Srila Prabhupada Is Always Blissful

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Do Want to Be My Friend?

Hare Krishna Maharaj,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and guru parampara.

Maharaj, I have a request for which I felt the need to write this email to you. Very recently, I have subscribed to your e-course and I find the thoughts of the day very inspiring. Although you are a great devotee of the Lord, I cannot accept you as my spiritual master. The thing is if I accept you as a spiritual master, I have to take the responsibility to follow your instructions without deviation. But since I am not capable to do that, I can just accept you as a friend of mine. My intelligence says that if I have a Krishna conscious friend, then one day I also can become Krishna conscious like my friend even though presently I am not Krishna conscious. Do you want to be my friend?

Waiting for your reply.

Your servant,
Bhakti Prasad Rout

Answer: This May Be Too Dangerous for You

My Dear Bhakti Prasad,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Lord Sri Krishna is the most intimate well-wishing friend of all living beings. Similarly the spiritual master as His representative is the most intimate well-wishing friend of all living beings. If you fully accept the friendship of the spiritual master, you will in due of course of time also become his disciple.

So are you sure that you want a friendship relationship with the spiritual master? This may too dangerous for you.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Most Urgent World Deliverance Mission

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this most urgent world deliverance mission to save the suffering humanity from gliding down to the animal kingdom in their next births.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?