Do Not Live Like Hogs and Dogs

In the Srimad Bhagavatam, Fifth Canto, Chapter 5, Text 1 we find the following wonderful verse:

ṛṣabha uvāca
nāyaṁ deho deha-bhājāṁ nṛloke
kaṣṭān kāmān arhate viḍ-bhujāṁ ye
tapo divyaṁ putrakā yena sattvaṁ
śuddhyed yasmād brahma-saukhyaṁ tv anantam

"Lord Ṛṣabhadeva told His sons: My dear boys, of all the living entities who have accepted material bodies in this world, one who has been awarded this human form should not work hard day and night simply for sense gratification, which is available even for dogs and hogs that eat stool. One should engage in penance and austerity to attain the divine position of devotional service. By such activity, one's heart is purified, and when one attains this position, he attains eternal, blissful life, which is transcendental to material happiness and which continues forever."

This is perfect advice for us. We should not dedicate our lives to sense gratification like dogs and hogs. We should instead utilize this rare human birth for self-realization so that we can get out the cycle of birth and death and return to our original home in the spiritual world, where all miseries are nonexistent.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Don't Live Like a Hog

Don't Live Like a Hog

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Why Am I Wasting My Time?

Hare Krishna,
Why am I wasting my time instead of developing my career in the right way? I'm taking a software course but not properly focusing for the last six months. I'm trying my best to avoid wasting time, but still things are not going on with proper planning. What's the drawback? I am not focusing on next steps what to learn or practice and I'm not preparing properly for the interviews. Please help me to overcome these problems.

Shiva Vasudeva

Answer: Because You Are Not Putting Krishna First

My Dear Shiva,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You are fruitlessly wasting your time because you have not put surrender to Krishna as the most important thing in your life. If will you put full surrender to Lord Sri Krishna as the first and important thing in your life, all success and happiness will follow automatically like a shadow.

If you don't believe me, I challenge you to try this so that you can see from the results you achieve that I am 100% correct.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.
 
Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari is a bona fide spiritual master with tens of thousands of students and disciples all other the world. Blessed by his spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami, with the formula for solving all of the world's problems both individually and collectively, he is thus endeavoring to attract the whole world to pay serious heed to these teachings, which if followed will usher in a most glorious new enlightened era in global history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?