A Child Teaches Us By Her Devotion

A Child Teaches Us By Her Devotion
I have recently received from a young girl named Stuti Sharma her words of devotion to her spiritual master. Her intensity of devotion serves as a wonderful example for all of us of how we should be dedicated to our spiritual master. You can experience first hand the intensity of her devotion in the following video:
https://youtu.be/z4pKJAxvkOM

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Letter from my Disciple

Dear Gurudeva,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

My family and I are now in Sridham Mayapur. It has already been a lockdown here for 5 months. Now, this virus’s spreading is at its peak. The time has come to check our selfishness - how much one thinks only of oneself and how much - of others. We feel isolated, our internet is weak. That is why I am writing this letter to you, using your valuable time to share with you my thoughts.

First of all, I want to express my great gratitude to you and Gurumata for everything you have done for our family. I want to tell you that we love you very much. In Mayapur, the Temple is now closed. I miss the association with the devotees, the kirtans, the preaching programs I attended, the book distribution, the Russian Srimad-Bhagavatam class, the Parikramas to the holy places. I miss your presence when I look at the windows of your ashram in Mayapur.

Naradi (his wife) is editing Caitanya Caritamrita, Cintamani (his daughter) studies painting and cooking, Kripa Siddha (his son) is waiting in Gurukula so that he can go around the world to preach, and I am already 73 years old and my body does not have much power. In short, I miss the spread of the Sankirtana movement, in which I used to be more active. On the Internet, I see that devotees around the world are preaching and distributing books, and here I am, in an apartment during the rainy season, chanting the Holy Name, reading Srila Prabhupada's books, and asking myself these questions:

How did Srila Prabhupada feel, when he had a heart attack on the Jaladuta, was he chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra at that moment, and how did he pray to Krishna?

He very well understood the condition of his body and understood very well that everything he had been striving for all his life - to follow the instructions of his spiritual master - could collapse at any moment.

Please answer me.

Once again thank you. I ask you this because I know that only you and Gurumata's view and understanding can break the shackles of material slavery caused by my ignorance.

I hope and pray that we will meet you in Mayapur for Gaura Purnima.

Your eternal servant,
Narada Muni das

Answer: Your Most Enviable Position

My Dear Son Narada Muni,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You are in the most enviable of all positions. You are stranded in Mayapur where Lord Caitanya's pastimes are still going on for those who have the eyes to see them. Now you should simply go deeper and deeper into the holy names and learn how to offer obeisances with more feeling that you have ever felt before. In this way you will able to feel how Lord Caitanya's
and Nityananda's mercy is pouring upon you like torrents of rain in the monsoon season.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

My Dedicated Disciple: Sriman Narada Muni

My Dedicated Disciple: Sriman Narada Muni
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari is one of the spiritual masters of the worldwide Hare Krishna Movement. He has dedicated the last 50 years of his life for bringing a spiritual revolution to planet earth by spreading the teachings of Lord Sri Krishna all over the world. He is based in Austin, Texas and when there is no pandemic regularly travels all over the world teaching his audiences how to attain Krishna consciousness, the highest stage of spiritual awakening. He is available for media interviews and to speak to groups and organizations either in person or via the internet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?