Fifty-Years-After Anniversary Concert at the University of Texas

Fifty years ago in early 1970 I was a very popular singer on the University of Texas campus with my regular daily concerts at the foot of the George Washington statue on the University's South Mall. The student newspaper, "The Daily Texan," published a very favorable article about my concerts calling me "the minstrel." Because I was hippy identifying with the love and peace movement I did the concerts with a desire to have a positive uplifting impact on our ever-increasing troubled world. That desire become fulfilled when a few months later under the guidance and inspiration of His Holiness Vishnujana Swami I surrendered to Srila Prabhupada and was accepted as his disciple on 12 August 1971. Since I am now living here in Austin I could not neglect the opportunity to do a widely publicized fifty-years-after anniversary concert of my Krishna conscious songs. If you are in the Austin, Texas area, you are invited to come to the University of Texas South Mall at 12 noon on Wednesday 4 March. Sunshine is predicted, but the concert will go on rain or shine.

If you have any questions, please write me at: tastenectar@gmail.com

Popular University of Texas Campus Minstrel--1970

Sankarshan Das: Popular University of Texas Campus Minstrel--1970

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami--The Great Soul Who Convinced Me to Surrender to Krishna

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami--The Great Soul Who Convinced Sankarshan Das to Surrender to Krishna

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Acting in Krishna Consciousness?

What does it mean to act in Krishna consciousness?

Raghumanda Saptagiri Tanush

Answer: Krishna Teaches How

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Raghumanda,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Acting in Krishna consciousness means that just as Arjuna fully surrendered himself to Krishna doing exactly what Krishna wanted him to do, you should also do exactly what Krishna wants you to do. This does not require any guesswork because it is fully described in detail by Lord Krishna Himself in the Bhagavad-gita. Therein Krishna instructs you to accept a bona fide spiritual master who will then guide you precisely how you can fully surrender to Krishna with your every thought, word, and deed in all times, places, and circumstances.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.
Your ever well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Krishna Enlightens Arjuna

Krishna Enlightens Arjuna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Misguided Fools Say that Masturbation is Healthy