50th Anniversary of My University of Texas Concerts

A half a century ago in 1970 during the height of the counter-culture social revolution in Austin, Texas, just before I surrendered to Lord Krishna I was famous for my daily concerts on the University of Texas at Austin campus on the South Mall at the foot of the statue of George Washington.

Since this is the 50th anniversary of those concerts I have decided to do a Krishna conscious "50 Years After" concert at the same spot most likely on 12 March, depending on the weather. This will be promoted to the 50,000 students on the University of Texas campus as well as to the media. If you are free of other commitments on that day and you would like to attend, you are most welcome to come. Come at noon to the George Washington Statue on the University of Texas South Mall.

At that time my songs were mundane, although some of them expressed my spiritual leanings. Now my songs are all Krishna conscious. They can be heard at www.TurnontheWorld.com

If you have any questions, please write me at: tastenectar@gmail.com

Campus Minstrel Serenades Students

Sankarshan Das singing in Campus Minstrel Serenades Students

George Washington Statue on the University of Texas South Mall

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: What Opened Your Eyes?

What opened your eyes to your truth about life?

Jessica Olson

Answer: The Example of Lord Jesus Christ

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Jessica,
Please accept my blessings.

In 1971 when I read Christ’s words in the Bible “Father, not my will, but Thy will be done,” I realized that I had do to the same. So I prayed to God to please guide me how to be His perfect servant. He then answered my prayer by sending a great saint, His Holiness Vishnujana Swami, to Austin, Texas, who then taught me how to perfectly and fully surrender myself to the will of God. Now on the order of God Himself I have fully dedicated my life to the Krishna consciousness movement, whose mission is make a global revolution for the complete, total re-spiritualization of the entire Planet Earth human society.

Hoping this meets you well.
Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

P.S. Check out my free self-realization e-course at: www.JoinCourse.com

P.S.S. Here’s a photo Vishnujana Swami singing a devotional song in Austin’s Pease Park in 1971 on the day I first met him.

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami Chants Hare Krishna
In Pease Park in Austin, Texas in 1971

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami Chants Hare Krishna In Pease Park in Austin, Texas in 1971

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?