The Magical Evening When I Received the Mahamantra

I was a miserable, always depressed college student who wanted more than anything to know what is the meaning of life. But my professors and my text books did not and could not answer this question. Then in my third year of college I heard that there was something called "self-realization" which solved all of life's riddles. So in pursuit of self-realization I followed the teachings of a "guru" who had me staring at a candle in a darkened room to become self-realized. After a prolonged endeavor when his teachings didn't work I finally got a little bit of bliss by burning all of his home study lessons to ashes. Another "guru," who made money off of me by charging me an initiation fee, had me silently meditating twice a day on the syllable "Aing." When my repeating "aining" did not work I abandoned that scam also. But then one fateful evening in the fall of 1968 in Denver, Colorado USA in my apartment at 1271 Lafayette Street a friend named Patrick Dolan turned me on to this chanting:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

When I tried this self-realization technique it was truly phenomenal. I felt that I was very being carried away on a spiritual airplane into the higher realms of existence. This chanting of Hare Krishna truly changed my life and brought me eventually to becoming a disciple of one of the greatest spiritual masters in the history of the universe, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, whom I have now been serving faithfully as his disciple for half a century finding ever-increasing happiness, love, and spiritual realization in his service.

So now when I remember that fateful evening way back in 1968 at 1271 Lafayette Street my heart melts a little bit and I feel so grateful to my friend Patrick Dolan for sharing Krishna with me. Wherever you are, Patrick Dolan, my sincere thanks to you! May you now have the unlimited blessings of Lord Sri Krishna showering upon you at every moment!

Where I Received the Hare Krishna Mahamantra:
1271 Lafayette Street in Denver, Colorado

Where Sankarshan Das Received the Hare Krishna Mahamantra:  1271 Lafayette Street in Denver, Colorado

The Atheistic Philosophers Are Bogus

The Atheistic Philosophers Are Bogus

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Correct Philosophers?

Which philosophers are the most objectively correct?

Christine Liao

Answer: Those Who Represent the Supreme Philosopher

The correct philosophers are the ones who explain and expound upon the philosophy given by the supreme philosopher, God Himself, not the ones who speculate and erroneously come up with the conclusion that everything is impersonal or void.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?