The Last Day of My Life?

As someone residing in the state of Texas I am aware of how dangerous this place can be. President Kennedy was assassinated here in 1963. Then there was the famous tower sniper at the University of Texas who killed eighteen people in 1966 perched high above the campus in the Tower building. Over the decades there have been many more shootings. Just recently one month ago, 22 people were shot dead at a Walmart store here in Texas. And then four days ago there was the highway killer who got angry for getting fired from his job and drove down the highway shooting everywhere and killing seven people. Who knows? Today I could be the victim of another one of the Texas killers. This is a good reminder that I should live every day as if it could be my last day by fully absorbing in loving devotion to Lord Sri Krishna with my every thought, word, and deed. In this way, I am on the safe side if today happens to be the last day of my life in this body.

Tower Building at the University of Texas

Tower Building at the University of Texas

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: How Much Mercy is Needed?

My Dear Respected Gurudeva
Please accept my humble obeisances
All glories to Srīla Prabhupāda

I wonder how much Lord Caitanya's mercy do we actually need just to survive, not even really to live, but to survive.

Kaspars Gulbis

Answer: One Infinitesimal Drop is Sufficient

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Kaspars,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Even one infinitesimal drop of Lord Caitanya's unlimitedly sweet and infinitely powerful mercy is sufficient to empower us to survive and thrive in spiritual life for all of eternity.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?