Always Remain Enthused in Krishna Consciousness

It is not difficult to remain always enthusiastic about the process of Krishna consciousness if you remember that Krishna is there simply waiting for you to give Him your love so that He can reciprocate with you. Srila Prabhupada personally told me, "Continue enthusiastically as you are doing and surely Krishna will bless you." It is not difficult to give Krishna your love. Even a child can do it. Krishna confirms this in the Bhagavad-gita 9.26:

patraṁ puṣpaṁ phalaṁ toyaṁ
yo me bhaktā prayacchati
tad ahaṁ bhakty-upahṛtam
aśnāmi prayatātmanaḥ

"If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, I will accept it.""

Anyone in any part of the world can do this. Before eating offer your food (no meat, fish, egg, onions or garlic) to Krishna with love, and you will then experience Krishna's wonderful mercy when you eat those thus transcendentalized, sanctified foods.

Srila Prabhupada Prepares an Offering for Krishna


Srila Prabhupada Prepares an Offering for Krishna

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Why Krishna Does Not Talk to Me?

I feel I keep remembering Lord Krishna, but Lord Krishna has not interacted with me. I feel it's a one sided relation where I am trying to hold a forced conversation and Lord Krishna just doesn't seem to be interested in me.

Why does Lord Krishna not reciprocate to me? Why do I feel its a one sided relation? He just doesn't bother to talk to me.

Could you please explain this to me and provide with a solution?

I am a fallen and a degraded soul but you are a saintly soul. I feel Lord Krishna must definitely be interacting with you. Could you please pass my message to Him that I am awaiting some response from Him? Please tell Him that liberated souls like you need Him but fallen souls like me need Him more.

In the above mail if I have offended you or Lord Krishna, then please forgive me. My sincere apologies. I am just trying to revive my relation with Lord Krishna which seems to be dying.

Regards,
D.H.

Answer: Because Your Heart Is Not Completely Pure

In this connection Srila Prabhupada spoke in a lecture given on 5 September 1972 in New Vrindavan, West Virginia USA as follows:

"And Krishna talks. It is not that it is fictitious, no. Krishna -- I have already said -- that Krishna is sitting in everyone's heart and He talks with the bona fide person. Just like a big man, he talks with some bona fide person, he doesn't waste his time talking with nonsense. He talks, that's a fact, but he does not talk with nonsense, he talks with the bona fide representative.

From this you should understand that Krishna is not talking to you because your heart is not yet completely pure. You are not yet His fully surrendered devotee. Your heart is still filled up with material desires. It is only when you become His completely pure devotee, free of any material motivations, that He will reveal Himself to you and talk to you. Therefore you should concentrate on improving the quality of your Krishna consciousness by regularly chanting at least 16 rounds every day of the Hare Krishna mahamantra on japa beads; strictly avoiding meat-eating, intoxication, illicit sex, and gambling; and taking complete shelter of the bona fide spiritual master in total submission to his instructions. In this way you will eventually become a completely pure devotee. You will be able to see Krishna, and He will talk personally with you.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?