The Only Reason to Be in this Material World

The only reason to be in this material world is to spiritualize it. Otherwise what is the use of being in this nasty place, which is not fit for a gentleman's living? If it were not for the world deliverance mission of saving the lost souls who are helplessly entangled in the cycle of birth and death, all of Krishna's devotees would be much better situated back in the spiritual world blissfully engaged in the transcendental pastimes of Krishna in unlimited varieties of inconceivably sweet loving relationships.

Krishna and the Gopis


Krishna and the Gopis

 Testimonial From Padmamalini Devi Dasi 

Testimonial From Padmamalini Devi Dasi
I got into ISKCON after I received Srila Prabhupada's Krishna Book back in 2007 and after reading the introduction page, I was convinced that I need a guru for myself. Accepting Srila Prabhupada as my guru I started learning the rules and regulations under the guidance of His Grace Jitamitra Prabhu in ISKCON Temple Delhi, and in due course of time I got convinced that I need to have a spiritual master who can initiate me in this lifetime only. So the search begin in 2008 for a spiritual master.

As advised by senior devotees, I started reading and hearing different people and it was so convenient and convincing to read His Grace Sriman Sankarshan Das Adhikari’s daily Thought for the Day. I was not registered for the E-course so I used to get the question and answer section from one of my friends. Sometimes he used to forget or delay the mail, and I used to call him to remind that he has not sent the e-mail today.

While reading the answers to so many different questions I used to feel all my questions are being answered by the author why can’t I accept him as guru. But I was not aware that His Grace Sriman Sankarshan Das Adhikari Prabhu is an Initiating Guru from ISKCON and the moment I got to know this fact from one of my god brother His Grace Haladhar Prabhu in June 2013, I did not take even two minutes to draft a personal e-mail to Srila Gurudeva, and I was completely sold out to him when I got a reply from him.

During my busy office/family days the daily Thought for the Day remains my only hope for reading and hearing. I would say it’s the best medicine for the conditioned souls like me, who are so entangled that they can opt for no other mean of staying connected than reading an enlightening e-mail in their mobile anywhere anytime.

So if you are not taking the full advantage of reading the daily thought you are seriously missing something that I cannot describe in words. My humble request to all the human society please make the full use of this opportunity of getting personal association of His Grace Sriman Sankarshan Das Adhikari through his Thought for the Day and other online preaching practices.

Your servant,
Padmamalini devi dasi

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Feel Krishna's Presence?

When I read about Krishna I feel more nectar than chanting. You said in a discourse that one should feel that Krishna is visiting you and hearing you chant, and I am trying to feel the same. However my chanting is sounding more mechanical and humdrum what to do?

Thanks in anticipation !

Your fallen student,
S.S.

Answer: Carefully Chant Hare Krishna Every Day

Simply carefully chant these sweet names every day. A natural relish will awaken within your tongue, and your material disease will be destroyed at the root.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?