Remembering My Dear Mother

I have very fond memories of my mother, Carolyn Bridge. Although she was not well educated in the subtleties of the science of bhakti, she had very strong feelings of devotion in her Christian faith. To see her activities and to hear her singing voice were quite inspiring actually. I remember how when she would finish her household chores she would sometimes sit and play the piano we had in our living room while singing hymns glorifying God with great feelings of devotion. She was an active participant in our church choir and would sometimes sing solos from the choir loft in our Sunday church service. Her voice was so powerful that it filled the entire sanctuary (worship hall) without the help of a microphone. Now that she is departed I take great solace from these words of my spiritual master, His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada:

"...if someone becomes a pure Vaisnava, or devotee of the Lord, ten generations of his family before his birth and ten generations after will be liberated."

Therefore I am begging Lord Sri Krishna to kindly bless me with pure devotion so that my beloved mother and my family members for many generations will all be delivered from the cycle of birth and death.

That's Me With My Dear Mother, Carolyn Bridge

Sankarshan Das With his Dear Mother, Carolyn Bridge

Video for the Day

Permanent Relief from All Anxiety

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: How Can God Be Present and Not Present?

Dear Gurumaharaj,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
All glories to Iskcon devotees.
All glories unto you.

It was pleasure to meet you two days back in the Delhi temple, listen your talk and the song 'Peace formula'.

Guru Maharaja, I have a question which pertains to Bhagavad-gita 9.4 and 15.15. In BG 9.4 Krishna says that "All beings are in me, but I am not in them"; and then in BG 15.15 He says, "I am seated in every one's heart." So while not being in them, Krishna says He is there in every one's heart. Kindly clarify how these two statements are true at the same time. I will be grateful to you and look forward to an early reply.

Kindest regards
Most sincerely
Asima Narottam Das
New Delhi

Answer: Present in All, But Only Manifest to His Devotees

From: Sri Mayapur Dhama, India

My Dear Asit,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

While it is true that Krishna is present in the hearts of all living beings His presence there is only manifest to His devotees.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?