You Owe to Yourself to Surrender to Krishna

Don't cheat yourself out of an eternal life, full of bliss, and knowledge. Surrender to Krishna and be the blissful, fully intelligent person that you are meant to be. It only due to ignorance that a person does not surrender to Krishna. Therefore let us enlighten the whole world now about this most amazing science known as Krishna consciousness. It will be the most revolutionary thing that ever happened in world history.

May the Whole World Now Become Krishna Conscious

May the Whole World Now Become Krishna Conscious

Video For the Day

The Glorious Srimad Bhagavatam

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Déjà Vu and the Tatastha Region?

Dear Prabhu,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Hope this meets you in good health and wonderful bhajan. Thank you for your continued support and teachings.

I wanted to ask you about the meaning of déjà vu. Recently I stayed in the Boston Temple and it all seemed already familiar in spite of me being there first time. I'm also getting second thoughts about the origin of soul. I was previously under the impression that we all came from the tatastha region. My personal experience is starting to suggest now that all we need to do is to remember Krishna because we have already been there with Krishna in the spiritual world before falling down to this material world. Please kindly dispel my confusion.

Regards,
Anuradha Devi Dasi

Answer: Previous Life and Our Original Home

When I first went to India in 1980 to attend ISKCON’s Mayapur/Vrindavan Festival I felt strongly that I had returned home. The feeling was so strong that when I returned to America after the festival I was plunged into an ocean of grief feeling great pangs of separation from Lord Krishna’s holy land. And then when I heard my godbrother, Bhajahari Prabhu, describe an amazing pastime of Srila Prabhupada I came to understand that I was an indeed an Indian in my previous birth who had taken birth in the West to assist Srila Prabhupada in his world deliverance mission. This pastime, which took place in London is described by Bhajahari Prabhu as follows:

"Prabhupada talked about ugra-karma and how people had difficult lives, how they worked hard with no result. Revatinandana Swami began to speak about how he used to work in a hellish canning factory in California before he became a devotee. I felt shy and nervous, but I began to talk about how, when I was twenty, I worked in a steel factory for a month. I described it in some detail, the huge hydraulic press and all of our activities. Prabhupada listened carefully. I said, 'Well, Prabhupada, they invited me to make extra money by working the night shift. I thought they had asked me because I was a good worker, but actually nobody else wanted to do it. After one or two weeks of night shift, I nearly had a nervous breakdown from the strain.' Prabhupada said, 'Actually that's because in your last life you were all brahmans. Otherwise how could you come to the platform of Krishna consciousness so quickly?' He thought for a moment, leaning back on his cushions in a relaxed mood with his hand behind his head, and then said, 'Actually my Guru Maharaja has ordered all of you to take birth to help me spread this mission.' There were about ten of us in the room, and everyone was very attentive at that point. Prabhupada looked at each person and finished on me. He said, 'Now we are all together again,' and beamed. Everybody went 'Jaya, Prabhupada.' Some devotees began to cry.”

Regarding your question about the tatastha region, this term “tatastha region” can be easily misunderstood. Tatastha literally means situated on the border. “Tata” means border and “stha” means "situated." Here’s how Srila Prabhupada describes tatastha using the example of the ocean beach in a lecture he gave in New York on 15 July 1976:

"Tatastha means marginal. That tata, tata means the beach. Sometimes the beach is covered with water and sometimes it is land. That is called tatastha: sometimes land, sometimes water.”

In other words the beach is the border between the ocean and the land. Under the influence of the tides that borderline between the land and the ocean is always moving. What is now on the land in a hour from now can be in the ocean. We the jivas are called tatastha sakti because we have the borderline tendency to be either in the spiritual world or the material world in accordance with the tide of our consciousness. Even though our original home is in the spiritual world with Krishna because we are tatastha sakti there is always a possibility that we can fall into the material world. However if we now take complete shelter of Sri Guru and Sri Krishna it is simply wonderful that in spite of our our tatastha nature we will never fall down again in this hellish material existence.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?