Five Years, Eleven Months and a Lifetime of Unexpected Love

Being bedridden with a herniated disc has been a blessing in disguise. It has given me the opportunity to read a most wonderful book by my dear godsister, Visakha Dasi. Reading her book, "Five Years, Eleven Months and a lifetime of unexpected love”, has been the most wonderful, exhilarating experience for me. Visakha Dasi takes us not only on a mystical journey to spiritual India. She takes even more amazingly into the inner regions of her psyche as she undergoes the most astoundingly transformational metamorphosis of all: spiritual awakening. This book will remain as one of the greatest treasures in my personal library. I will always remember and reflect on her most wondrous experience and what I can learn from her for achieving my own perfection of consciousness.

To get a copy of her book, click on this link.

Her website is: www.Our-Spiritual-Journey.com

Front Cover of Visakha Dasi's Book

Front Cover of Visakha Dasi's Book

Video For the Day

Awaken Your Krishna Consciousness

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Get Back on Track?

Gurudeva, how do you deal with distractions? You've been following spirituality over 40 years, and I am guessing from own experience that it has not always been a smooth glide. Were there any strong stimuli which interrupted your practice, and if yes, how did you get back on track?

Richard Browne

Answer: Pray this Most Powerful Prayer

The strongest distraction of all is sex desire. A great sage name Yamunacarya has given us a powerful prayer to pull the mind away from sex desire. Here it is:

yad-avadhi mama cetaḥ kṛṣṇa-pādāravinde
nava-nava-rasa-dhāmany udyataṁ rantum āsīt
tad-avadhi bata nārī-saṅgame smaryamāne
bhavati mukha-vikāraḥ suṣṭhu niṣṭhīvanaṁ ca

"Since my mind has been engaged in the service of the lotus feet of Lord Krishna, and I have been enjoying an ever new transcendental humor, whenever I think of sex life with a woman, my face at once turns from it, and I spit at the ought."

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?