Saved from the Ocean of Birth and Death

The devotee understands that on his own strength it is not possible for him to escape the cycle of birth and death. This can be compared to a person who is out in the water in the middle of the ocean where it is not possible to have enough strength to swim for the shore. The only hope for such a person to survive is if he is rescued by someone in a boat or a helicopter. Similarly the only hope for a conditioned soul who is drowning in the ocean of birth and death is to be rescued by the Lord or the Lord's devotee.

Those Who Take Shelter Are Saved

Those Who Take Shelter Are Saved, rescued from ocean

Video For the Day

How to Conquer Calamities

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Save My Parents?

As my parents are against me I am not able to chant the holy name, Swamiji. My dad doesn't let me chant. He even kept the japa beads in a temple. He took away my Krishna book. I don't know what to do, Swamiji. But my wish is to bring my parents into Krishna consciousness. Please tell me some ways to bring them into Krishna consciousness. Still I'm praying to Krishna. But there is no more progress. And my dad says that people who worships Krishna will lose everything they have in their life. Recently my leg is fractured like anything before. He again says that it is the gift of Krishna for the chanting. Sometimes I think that vaishnava aparadha causes such problems. So I request you to show me a path.

By an insignificant soul

Answer: Just Focus on Saving Yourself

I am very sorry that your parents are against Krishna consciousness. According to the Vedic wisdom it is the duty of the parents to give Krishna consciousness to their children. It is thus sad that your parents have lost all touch with their own Indian culture. The best you can do is to chant Hare Krishna secretly as much as possible. Strictly avoid eating meat, fish, eggs, onions, and garlic, and mentally offer everything to Krishna before you eat. Always beg Krishna for pure devotional service, and He will always reciprocate with your prayers. Don’t worry now about making your parents Krishna conscious. Just focus on developing your own Krishna consciousness bringing yourself all the way to the stage of pure bhakti.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?