The Most Ecstatic Day in Your Eternal Existence

Every morning one should rise with the determination to make this day the most ecstatic day in his entire life. This is not at all difficult. One simply has to always remember Krishna and never forget Him, and thinking himself to be lower than the straw in the street one must always serve Guru and Vaisnava with genuine love. And also one should be always desiring to awaken the Krishna consciousness that is lying dormant within the hearts of all the poor souls who are presently entrapped in this material existence. If one can keep these things alive within his heart at every minute, his every day will truly be the most ecstatic day he has ever had in all of his eternal existence, no matter what the material circumstances may be, so-called good or bad.

The Pure Devotee Relishes Unlimited Bliss at Every Minute

Srila Prabhupada Relishes Unlimited Bliss at Every Minute

Video For the Day

Be All That You Can Be

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Material Success More Important than Spiritual Life?

Dear Srila Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to you.

I have this intrinsic feeling that perhaps I should take striving hard for material success as my first and foremost goal rather than trying to follow all the rules and regulations and then feeling frustrated, depressed and suicidal. It will have two benefits: 1st - personal satisfaction. 2nd - being in a influential position to preach KC.

I think it would be karma yoga.

I write this to verify whether I am thinking in the right direction or not. After all, I anyway need a successful material life to maintain myself.

Yours sincerely,

P.S. I mean keeping chanting 16 rounds as the secondary thing for the time being which I do sometime in the day say as while traveling and not worrying about the 4 regulative principles.

Answer: That's Polishing the Cage and Letting the Bird Starves

Your intrinsic feeling is bogus and your thinking is bogus.

What is more important: feeding the bird or polishing the bird cage? What good is a polished cage if the bird within is starving? This is the defect of our modern day materialistic civilization.

One who embraces Krishna consciousness becomes unlimitedly blissful and can easily excel in his material career. When I worked at MCI Corporation I was one of their top salesmen and won an award for my accomplishments. I chanted 16 rounds and went to work and outperformed my karmi co-workers. During my break time I openly chanted japa mala walking in the public hall in the office. I had a picture of Srila Prabhupada displayed openly on my desk.

When are you going to kick out your doubts. I am praying and waiting for that day.

Karma yoga is Krishna consciousness. Taking material life as most important is karma. It is not karma yoga.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?