Krishna's Pure Devotee is an Ocean of Mercy

A Krishna conscious being is always steady in his determination to become a pure devotee, fully qualified to go back to home, back to Godhead and to take all of the suffering, fallen, conditioned souls of this material world with him. He cannot tolerate to see the sufferings of others. This is why the pure devotee of Krishna is described as being an ocean of mercy.

Bhagavatam Class in Farmer's Hut on Yamuna Bank--11 April 2017

Sankarshan Das Bhagavatam Class on Yamuna Bank

Video For the Day

Full Moon in Vrindavan

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Convince My Husband Not to Pray to Demigods?

Respected Guru,

Before I joined Krishna consciousness group, I was praying many demigods such as Muruga, Hanuman, Devi etc. But after switching over to Krishna consciousness and somehow regularly chanting of Krishna's name I get peace of mind even though not fully. I know that it is not God's mistake. I have to chant more and more to attain that perfection.

My problem is that my husband usually prays to demigods such as Muruga, Devi, Hanuman, Shiva etc as told to him by some astrologer so as to get good job, money, etc.

I have so many times told him that we have to just surrender to Krishna and accept whatever happens. Whatever we get from Krishna is for our own good. But he does not seem to be thinking about what I have told him.

What should do I do? More over we have many demigods and Krishna also in our altar. Now My mind says that I have to become more Krishna consciousness and I am not interested in any material benefits.

How to make him understand about Krishna consciousness is the ultimate thing to realize.

Thanks

Yours sincerely

G.R.

Answer: Praying to Demigods is a Useless Waste of Time

Praying to the demigods will not impact one’s material situation because one gets his material facilities simply according to his past karma. Therefore praying to and worshipping the demigods for material benefit is a useless waste of time. This ia why those who are actually intelligent channel all of their prayers and devotion into fully surrendering to Krishna. Thus they become liberated from their entanglement in this material world, which is always full of miseries, and they enter into that wondrous spiritual sky for an eternal existence of unlimited happiness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?