Spiritual Unity In Spite of Material Distinctions

Sometimes we are criticized that in our Krishna consciousness movement we make a distinction between men and women. But this is a gross misunderstanding of our movement. The great strength and liberating power of our movement is that we see the spiritual unity of all living beings and engage everyone in the service of Krishna. While on the material platform there are distinctions that facilitate our serving Krishna in different ways in accordance with our personal talents and abilities, we are unified by our working together as a family to serve the mission of Krishna. It is natural that in any organization some of the members will be leaders and others will be followers. Show me an effective organization where everyone is a leader and nobody is a follower.

One who sees the unity of all living beings will be careful not to harm even a little ant, what to speak of such beautiful, beneficial creatures as the cows, millions of whom are being mercifully slaughtered and butchered by the insane material society, which presently kills 156 million innocent animals and 66 thousand innocent children every day.

Humble Sage Sees Everyone With Equal Vision

Humble Sage Sees Everyone With Equal Vision

Video For the Day: Transcendental to the Dualities

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Develop Compassion?

I sometimes feel that the quality of my chanting has improved, but then I wonder if I'm just speculating. I have been feeling that I'm not doing anything to serve this movement or serve Prabhupada. I do some Kirtan on campus and sometimes distribute a few books and start thinking that I'm doing so much. But I'm doing nothing, Gurudeva. If it wasn't for Prabhupada I would still be living like an animal, and I feel like it's my duty to try waking up others. But at the same time just having a clue of how contaminated I am, I feel, "What power do I have?"

I want to dedicate me life to your service in making the world Krishna conscious because that's what Srila Prabhupada and Lord Krishna want me to do. But at the same time I can see how Maya is trying to lead me the other way. How can I develop the compassion for the fallen souls and the dedication to make the whole world Krishna conscious? How can I get rid off these subtle mental forces that are constantly dragging me towards bodily consciousness?

Your insignificant servant,
Karan

Answer: Continue Serving and Preaching

Simply continue serving and preaching on the order of Guru and Gauranga. Your heart will become pure and the natural compassion within your heart for all living beings will gradually awaken.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?