My 70th Birthday and the World Deliverance Mission

Today, 25 October 2016, according to the lunar calendar, is my 70th birthday. Normally the number of birthdays one passes are not of much significance or importance. But that this is Srila Prabhupada's age when he arrived in America to launch this Krishna consciousness movement makes this age most significant for me.

On 17 December 1973 Srila Prabhupada ordered his American and European disciples, of which I am one, to become perfect in the understanding of the science of Krishna consciousness, to become guru, and to deliver the whole world. I have come up far short of successfully carrying out this order, even after 45 years of preaching. This is my great sadness. Srila Prabhupada said that each of his disciples should accomplish ten times more than him. So it's now the time more than ever to really expand my preaching exponentially for the respiritualization of the human society.

Therefore on this most auspicious occasion of my 70th birthday I am humbly begging Srila Prabhupada, his predecessor acharyas, and Lord Sri Krishna that I may now become fully successful in executing the world deliverance mission that Srila Prabhupada has mercifully given to me and my Godbrothers

Disciples Celebrating My 70th Birthday in Kaunas, Lithuania

Disciples Celebrating Sankarshan Das's 70th Birthday in Kaunas, Lithuania

The Bliss of Hare Krishna Kirtan

The Bliss of Hare Krishna Kirtan

Video For the Day: Chanting is Enchanting

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Why Arjuna is Not Listed in Disciplic Succession?

In the disciplic succession Vedic knowledge was given by Krishna to Brahma, and he gave it to Narada, and Narada gave it to Vyasa and so on. But Arjuna's name is not included in that list. However, we know that the Bhagavad-gita was given by Krishna to Arjuna. Please clarify kindly why Arjuna is not listed in the line of disciplic succession.

Humbly yours,

Abhiram

Answer: Only a Small Portion of Gurus Are Listed

There are so many hundreds and thousands of branches and sub-branches in the line of disciplic succession that it is not possible or practical to list all of them. Therefore we have simplified the matter by merely listing that line of masters and disciples which comes down through history to our particular branch in the disciplic succession.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?