Why Remain a Miserable Rascal?

While remain a miserable rascal when you can instead be a blissful devotee? But the general mass population of this planet is so much in illusion that they would rather be miserable rascals instead of blissful devotees. This reveals how grossly foolish they actually are. They are totally blinded by false pride. What be done to save them? It is very difficult indeed. But still we must keep trying to save them because this our duty, an often most thankless task

Teaching Krishna Bhakti--Vilnius, Lithuania--10 September 2016

Sankarshan Das Teaching Krishna Bhakti--Vilnius, Lithuania

Video For the Day: Give Hare Krishna a Try

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Should I View this Planet As Beautiful?

Good day Gurudeva,

I will do my best to put my feelings into question form:

I used to think this material world/ universe/ planet was a beautiful place and an incredible creation. When the sun goes down and the moon comes out, I feel peaceful looking at the stars in the night sky. It makes me think of Krishna and how He is the controller and maintainer of the universe I am seeing with my eyes. I still feel joy when I am in nature surrounded by trees. I see this material world as a manifestation of Krishna and I see the beauty of nature. Even though this is a world of miseries. Should I still view this planet as beautiful? Or since this planet is still technically material energy, should I detach my feelings for this material nature? Should I be neutral in my feelings for nature?

Thank you for your time,
Hare Krishna,

Pablo A. Juarez

Answer: A Devotee Sees the Beauty of Everything

A Krishna conscious person appreciates the beauty of this world even more. It is something like when you see a beautiful painting in a museum. You appreciate even more if you know very well the person who painted it.

This is a world of miseries, only for those who are not Krishna conscious. Because they are misidentifying with their bodies, and are dragged helplessly through birth, death, old age, and disease again and again for millions and billions of lifetimes, the non-devotees suffer like anything in this world.

For a Krishna conscious devotee this world is a magical wonderland something like being a little kid in a candy shop. The devotee relishes within his heart boundless joy in the unlimited nectarean varieties of loving reciprocation with Krishna while at the same time externally relishing the greatest of all adventures of bringing about the greatest paradigm shift in the history of the universe.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?