Entire World Converted to Krishna Consciousness

In his purport to Srimad Bhagavatam 4.8.54 Srila Prabhupada describes the importance of initiation and how by the process of initiation the entire world can become Krishna conscious:

"Sanatana Gosvami says that as bell metal can turn to gold when mixed with mercury in a chemical process, so, by the bona fide diksa, or initiation method, anyone can become a Vaisnava. One should take initiation from a bona fide spiritual master coming in the disciplic succession, who is authorized by his predecessor spiritual master. This is called diksa-vidhana. Lord Krishna states in Bhagavad-gita, vyapasritya: one should accept a spiritual master. By this process the entire world can be converted to Krishna consciousness."

In pursuance of Srila Prabhupada's order I initiated five new disciples on 17 September 2016. The ceremony was held at ISKCON's Dwarka Delhi temple. We encourage all those who are serious to become free from the pangs of material miseries by entering into the sublime dimension of transcendental bliss to qualify themselves for initiation as soon as possible by chanting at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mahamantra daily on japa mala beads and strictly avoiding illicit sex, meat eating, intoxication, and gambling. By accepting initiation seriously you will help the entire world to become Krishna conscious.

Srimad Bhagavatam Class--Punjabi Bagh--17 September 2016

Sankarshan Das Srimad Bhagavatam Class--Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi

Radhakrishnan Becomes Radha Damodar Das

Radhakrishnan Becomes Radha Damodar Das

Sashi Bhusana Becomes Sadhu Bhusana Das

Sashi Bhusana Becomes Sadhu Bhusana Das

Sudeep Become Sudarshan Das

Vishal Becomes Vishnurata Das

Vishal Becomes Vishnurata Das

Abasaheb Becomes Abhayasraya Das

Abasaheb Becomes Abhayasraya Das

Initiation Yajna (Vedic Fire Ceremony)

Sankarshan Das conducting Initiation Yajna (Vedic Fire Ceremony)

Video For the Day: Be a Pioneer in this Great Spiritual Revolution

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Devoted to Krishna Without Initiation?

Good day Gurudeva,

Is it possible to be devoted to Krishna without having been formally initiated as a devotee?

I refuse to gamble. I no longer eat meat, fish or eggs, I eat onion sometimes when my mother cooks food. To not hurt her feelings I'll eat her meals. So far, since knowing of "no illicit sex" I have stayed away from those activities (gradually getting better at controlling my wandering eyes and mind) and I no longer intoxicate myself (except for chocolate which I now know has caffeine and now understand that caffeine counts as an intoxicant--as a former chocolate lover I am gradually eating less and less)

The more knowledge I gain and as everyday passes by, along with my 16 daily rounds, as well as chanting throughout the day, I grow more fond of Krishna. I feel I am headed in the right direction with my everyday decisions. In a way I feel I am growing in my devotion for Krishna.

But this is my question:
Is it possible to be devoted to Krishna without having been formally initiated as a devotee?

Thank you for your time,
Hare Krishna,

Your student

Answer: Genuine Devotion is Ever-Increasing

The process of devotion begins prior to initiation. Initiation takes place at the third level of spiritual progress. You are already now a devotee of Krishna at level two and are progressing very nicely. So kindly continue as you are doing with determination, enthusiasm, and patience and in due course of time, because genuine devotion is ever-increasing, you will naturally find yourself happily situated at level three. From there you will go to spiritual perfection and become fully qualified to enter the spiritual world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?