Do Yourself the Greatest Good

You are an eternal spiritual being, qualitatively one with God Himself, the source of all existence. So why should you cheat yourself by misidentifying with this temporary rotting material body? Come out of illusion and do yourself the greatest good by reviving your original pure state of consciousness, your Krishna consciousness. In this way, even in the midst of the heaviest calamities, you will be able to relish the sweetest happiness at every minute.

Ecstatic Sendoff from ISKCON Kaunas--13 September 2016

Sankarshan Das Ecstatic Sendoff from ISKCON Kaunas

Video For the Day: Connecting with Krishna

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Problem: I Couldn't Finish My 16 Rounds in the Morning

Good day Gurudeva,

I have woken up early enough to chant 16 rounds on Monday and Tuesday. Today, it slipped my mind that I have to drop my brother off at work early so I have not finished 16 rounds. Is it okay to finish my daily 16 rounds later in the day, maybe even at night before bed? I say at night because I know I will more than likely not be disturbed while chanting.

Always grateful for your guidance,
Hare Krishna,

Your student

Answer: Chant Them As Early As Possible

Chanting later in the day is not ideal, but it is okay. Try to complete your 16 rounds as early as possible every day. It is not good to postpone them until the end of the day. But if that is the only chance you get to chant, it is okay. Just make sure that you don't go to sleep before you finish them. The whole point is that serving Krishna should always as far as possible be your number one priority. In this way, by training yourself to always make Krishna your first priority, you will naturally think of Krishna at the time of death before anything else. This will guarantee your immediate entrance into the spiritual world upon leaving your present material body.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?