The Only Solution for the Global Water Crisis

Water scarcity, the lack of sufficient available water resources to meet the demands of water usage within a region, is a sad ever-worsening reality on this planet. It is now experienced on every continent by almost 3 billion people around the world at least one month out of every year. More than 1.2 billion people currently lack access to clean drinking water. And the problem is going to continue getting worse and worse until the leaders finally recognize that the root cause for the lack of water is our lack of Krishna consciousness.

Regarding water, Lord Sri Krishna states in the Bhagavad-gita:

annād bhavanti bhūtāni
parjanyād anna-sambhavaḥ
yajñād bhavati parjanyo
yajñaḥ karma-samudbhavaḥ

"All living bodies subsist on food grains, which are produced from rains. Rains are produced by performance of yajña [sacrifice], and yajña is born of prescribed duties."
--Bhagavad-gita 3.14

The sacrifice or yajña for this age is the congregational chanting of the holy names of God. As soon as this is neglected we see a planet that is becoming more and more afflicted by drought. Therefore it is time for the leaders to wake up and realize the absolute necessity of the sankirtana movement. Otherwise we will experience ever-increasing chaos on this planet due to water shortage.

Devotees and George Harrison Chant Hare Krishna

Devotees and George Harrison Chant Hare Krishna

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Request: Please Help Me Come Out of My Cocoon

Dear Guru Maharaja,
All glories to you.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada

The "Thought for the Day" for 16 March 2015 really pierced my heart. I felt it described me well. I have extreme trouble in relationships with people in general and even the devotees now. The past hurt and resentment has led me to cocoon myself from all intimate relationships. But it's hurting me all the more. I'm not able to chant and read properly and regularly. I'm afraid that I'm an impersonalist though I call myself a devotee. Please help me, Guru Maharaja, please help me to come out of this situation

Your aspiring disciple
A.V.

Answer: Surrender Fully to Sri Guru and Represent His Compassion

If you will surrender fully to the spiritual master accepting all of his instructions to you as your very life and soul, and if you will sincerely to the best of your ability represent his compassion in all of your dealings with others, you will develop first class relationships. In this way you will be able to have good relationships with everyone.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?