Don't Be an Idiot

The material society wants you to be a complete idiot who spends his entire life serving his senses under its misguidance only to be rewarded with nothing but death. So what are you going to do? Are you going to succumb to their brainwash propaganda and serve your senses, or are you are going to serve your real self-interest by engaging your senses in the service of the Supreme Person and thus escape the prison of material existence? The choice is yours.

Krishna Awaits Your Return to His Abode

Krishna Awaits Your Return to His Abode

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Depend on Astrology or Krishna?

I am chanting sixteen rounds of Hare Krishna mantra japa mala every day for the past six years and attending bhakti vriksha classes ,taking bhakti shastri training, and attending temple programs. I have a doubt whether devotees should follow astrology or they should just totally depend on Krishna. Two astrologers told me that my future is not good. I will not get married soon. (Already it is too late.) If by chance I get married my married life will not be good. They told me to do some puja and fasting. They told me to worship the nine planets and do puja and fasting for them. What should I do in this situation?

As I am attending so many classes and programs, my mind is not accepting to do all those rituals. My mind is telling that just depend on Krishna. He will take care of you. But my mother and brother are forcing me to do all those rituals.

I think I have bad karma from my previous births. That's why I am suffering like this. Should I totally depend on Krishna? Or should I follow the instructions of these two astrologers? Please enlighten me in this matter.

Thanks.
Hare Krishna!

G. C.

Answer: Just Depend on Krishna

Just depend on Krishna. Regarding astrology, Srila Prabhupada wrote to his disciple Devamaya as follows:

"Regarding astrology, you should not listen to any of these so-called astrologers -- strictly avoid. Don't even see them. What is the use of seeing them? Astrology is meant for the materialist, but a spiritualist does not care for the future. Everything is dependent upon Krishna. So where is the necessity of astrology? The devotees' principle is, let there happen anything as Krishna desires. Let me remain sincere devotee, that's all. Pure devotee is never interested in this astrology.”

Whatever bad karma you have will taken away when you accept initiation from the bona fide spiritual master. Therefore forget this astrology business and simply take complete shelter of Guru and Krishna.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?