Why Even Have a Hare Krishna Movement?

Last night after my lecture here in the suburbs of Melbourne I was asked if being a follower of our Hare Krishna movement (ISKCON) is the only way to realize God. So what is the proper understanding in this regard?

We never say ISKCON is the only way to realize God because anyone from any religious tradition who develops pure love of God is a first class religionist qualified to attain the kingdom of God. One could then wonder why then do we even have a separate movement, the Hare Krishna movement, if by any religious process one can realize God. The answer is that at present the followers of the world's religious traditions have lost the essence of what religion actually is. They have degraded religion into a self-centered process of begging God to fulfill their material desires. They have forgotten what is the real essence of religion, namely to become a selfless pure lover of God by fully surrendering oneself unto following His will.

Our ISKCON Founder Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, has presented God consciousness in the most profound and scientific way, defeating all atheistic, impersonalistic, and so-called scientific arguments giving the world the most, authoritative, profound, practical, simple and ecstatic way to develop pure love of God for anyone from any religion from any part of our planet. And Srila Prabhupada has also established our Hare Krishna movement, which is practically based on these unique teachings. Therefore anyone from any religion who is serious to attain spiritual perfection is advised to take advantage of Prabhupada's books and this Hare Krishna movement for becoming perfect in their loving relationship with God.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada and His Blissful Disciples
Srila Prabhupada and His Blissful Disciples

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: When in Adversity Should I Act or Depend on Krishna?

Hare Krishna, Srila Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances at your lotus feet.
All glories unto you and Srimati Gurumataji.

Thank you very much for your Thought for the Day dated Dec 18, 2014 on the topic of maintaining Krishna consciousness under heavy stress. It is very much applicable to me.

You have mentioned that Krishna will never put His devotee in a situation that he cannot handle and that every stressful situation should be taken as an opportunity to not just maintain our Krishna consciousness. but to actually intensify and advance it. However, how to learn the art of reposing my faith to Krishna?

I have the habit of getting anxious for every single happening, and I notice that I never trust Krishna. Even though I am doing my sadhana, when it comes to a practical situation, however small the situation may be, I get very confused and think that I definitely have to act to rectify the situation. I completely think I am the doer and that Krishna can only do anything if I put in my endeavor. Is that correct or wrong? Does Krishna expect us to act or he will protect his devotee even if his devotee is not trying hard (meaning, out of personal effort) to save himself from his situation? This puts me into anxiety and tension in my everyday life. Kindly requesting your guidance on this matter.

Thanking you,
Your servant,
D.M.

Answer: Act Decisively Fully Depending on Krishna

Just as Arjuna acted on the battlefield with great determination and strength, the Lord’s devotees when faced with adversities act with great determination and strength fully depending on their most merciful Lord Sri Krishna’s divine empowerment.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?