How to Cope with Suffering?

In this material world all of us have to undergo various types of suffering situations: some slight, some moderate, and some severe. So how we do cope with all these undesirable situations? The answer is that instead of identifying with our minds and bodies and being bewildered by these difficulties, we should see them like warning lights alerting us to the reality that this material world is not our real home and that the material body is not our actual self. In this way instead of being disturbed by the sufferings, we will experience them with sense of gratitude. Instead of pinching us they will assist us in entering into the realm of eternal transcendental bliss.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Suffering Like Car Warning Lights Is a Helpful Indicator
Suffering Like Car Warning Lights Is a Helpful Indicator

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Choose My Spiritual Master?

Gurudeva, it I took lot of time to find you, my spiritual master. I was wandering earlier here and there, thinking I want to be a disciple of one guru and then of another guru until finally by Krishna's mercy I found you. So, Gurudeva, as I took so much time and was so confused about who is my spiritual master before I got your mercy, I am wondering that if someone ever asks me how to choose their guru how should I properly guide them.

Begging your mercy,
Forever your daughter and servant,

Y.N.

Answer: Become Serious About Surrendering to Krishna

It is not at all difficult to find or choose your spiritual master. Srila Prabhupada explains this as follows:

"So if you are actually serious about Krishna, then Krishna will send you one of His representatives. and he will take charge of you. That is the process. If you do not find a guru, that means Krishna is not yet pleased, either you are not serious."

So all one really has to do is to be serious about surrendering to Krishna. When one comes to this stage Krishnas reveals who is his guru to him.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?