Always Be Respectful to the Lord's Devotees

Whenever we are associating with the devotees of Lord Sri Krishna we must do so with the utmost respect because there is no one more dear to Krishna than His devotees. This is confirmed in the Srimad Bhagavatam as follows:

sādhavo hṛdayaṁ mahyaṁ
sādhūnāṁ hṛdayaṁ tv aham
mad anyat te na jānanti
nāhaṁ tebhyo manāg api

"The devotees are My heart, and I am the heart of My devotees. My devotees do not know anyone but Me; and, I do not know anyone else but them."--SB 9.4.68

Therefore we should never take the devotees for granted. We must always remember that there is nothing and no one more dear to the Lord than His devotees, and we must always value as our greatest treasure the association of Lord Krishna's devotees.



Sankarshan Das Adhikari


Bhagavad-gita Lecture--Adelaide, Australia
27 December 2014

Sankarshan Das Bhagavad-gita Lecture--Adelaide, Australia


Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:


Question: How Can I Be A Conjugal Lover of Krishna?


I offer my obeisances unto you, Gurudeva.

This self realization course has been a great help to me. Your teachings are a blessing to me. Since months I've become a devotee of Lord Krishna. I don't know how I've fallen in love with Him. Today I've become sixteen years old. From the 16th year of my life I want to dedicate my life to Krishna. I want to take tips from you how can I be His devotee as a conjugal lover.

A.C.


Answer: Fully Surrender and Accept Whatever Rasa Krishna Prefers

I am very happy to hear that at the young age of 16 you have realized that you must give yourself fully to Lord Krishna in devotion. This is indeed the very purpose of our lives, to develop pure unalloyed love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krishna. Regarding the gopis' conjugal love for Krishna, there is no one more surrendered to Krishna than the cowherd damsels of Vrindavan. There are five types of loving rasas or relationships experienced by the devotees in the spiritual world: neutrality, servitude, friendship, parenthood, and conjugal love. Everyone has their particular relationship with Krishna, which will be revived when they become pure devotees and return to their original home in the spiritual world. In our present conditioned state we cannot yet know what kind of relationship we will have with the Lord when we reach the perfectional stage. Therefore with the same mood of total surrender exhibited by the gopis we give ourselves fully to Krishna being willing to serve Him in any rasa according to what will please Him the most. If He wants us to be a gopi, we will accept that. Or if He wants us to be a cowherd boy, a flute, or a blade of grass, we will accept that also. If I say that I will not surrender to Krishna unless I can a be gopi, that is not surrender, and we will not be qualified to return to the spiritual world. Therefore you should submissively offer yourself fully to the Lord being willing to accept whatever rasa He wants to serve Him in. This will give you unlimited happiness and solve all of your problems.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?