How to Solve All of the World's Problems

There are no material solutions for the world's problems because all of the world's problems are stemming from one basic problem: a lack of Krishna consciousness. Therefore if we can simply make the world Krishna conscious, all of its problems will be solved. The difficulty is that the people have no interest in Krishna conscious because they are too much addicted to material sense gratification. Thus sadly they remain tightly and miserably entrapped in the three modes of material nature. This is why compassionate souls dedicate their entire lives for making the world Krishna consciousness. This is the only welfare activity that can be successful for solving the world's problems.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Hare Krishna Kirtan Will Save the World!
Hare Krishna Kirtan Will Save the World!

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How Can I Attain Exclusive Devotion?

I was wondering how will I ever come to the point of exclusive devotion as mentioned in Bhagavad-gita 9.22, wherein Krishna states that if we fully surrender to Him, He will preserve what we have and carry what we lack. You say that I should try for exclusive devotion, but my so-called exclusive devotion itself begins by hearing that Krishna will preserve what I have and carry what I lack. So what kind of exclusive devotion is this? It is actually "exclusive devotion" only for the preservation of my possessions and the fulfillment of my lackings. And then when the material energy bombards me with situations where I fear losing things, which I foolishly consider to be my possessions, my hypocrisy of so-called exclusive devotion becomes apparent to me and turns into excessive disturbance on the mental platform. So how can I come to the point of genuine exclusive devotion?

One more thing I wanted to ask. What is my security in this world? I have heard that Krishna is the only shelter. But then I am in this material body and I see I am at a very wrong place actually. Everyone here wants to just eat me up. It's so much selfishness. And there is not much sense in changing position also because the existence of vacancies itself proves that someone else got disgusted from that place and moved on. So, Gurudeva, what is my security? I need some security in material terms also since I am to live here. The job doesn't offer it actually. They can kick us out anytime. Same for family. So where to find security here? How to feel secure and be secure as long as I am in this body?

Begging your mercy,
Your​ foolish​ servant,​
​V. Das

Answer: Live a Pure Life and Regularly Beg Krishna For It

Exclusive devotion means that you must have one desire and one desire only, which is to please Krishna. If you "devote" yourself to Krishna simply to cash in on His insurance policy, that is not devotion. That is business. Even though that comes as a fringe benefit of pure devotion, advanced transcendentalists do not hanker for this. They do not mind if Krishna takes everything away from them. All they desire is pure devotional service, nothing more, nothing less. The trick of how to attain this perfectional stage of consciousness is to always remember that it is the only thing which will give you genuine happiness and to regularly beg Krishna that He will kindly bestow this ultimate benediction upon you. The best way to petition the Lord for this pure bhakti is to chant the Hare Krishna mahamantra at least 16 rounds daily while strictly avoiding illicit sex, meat eating, intoxication and gambling.

There is no security in this material world. Krishna is our only security. That's a fact. Take whatever Krishna gives you here in this material and use it in His service. Krishna will never let you starve. Rest assured. The only safe position in all of existence is take complete shelter of Lord Sri Krishna's lotus feet. This surrender to pleasing Krishna will keep you always in a secure position. When you master the art of placing yourself totally in Krishna's shelter, you will never be touched by even the slightest tinge of anxiety ever again.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?