Sweetest Taste of Guru-Disciple Relationship

There is no loving feeling in this world that can compete with the love that a disciple feels for his spiritual master. In fact, it is that unique flavor of the disciple's love for his spiritual master that convinced me to surrender myself fully at the lotus feet of my eternal spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

Way back in 1971 when I first took up residence in the Hare Krishna temple in Austin, Texas I knew that Krishna was God and that I am His eternal servant. But still, I did not want to give up my false sense of independence that I could continue trying to be the enjoyer of this material world. So even though the devotees repeatedly requested me to surrender and become the disciple of Srila Prabhupada I continued refusing to do so.

But then one supremely wonderful fateful morning when I heard a recording of the London Hare Krishna devotees singing to Srila Prabhupada the Gurvastakam prayers, eight prayers glorifying the spiritual master, I was so deeply touched by the pure loving feelings which came through loud and clear in their beautiful singing voices that the desire that I could also taste such pure love immediately sprang up within my heart. I thought, "Wouldn't it be beautiful if I gave my life to Srila Prabhupada?", and the tears of ecstatic love were streaming down my face. It was then and there at that very moment that I accepted Srila Prabhupada within my heart as my eternal spiritual master and decided therefore to get initiated as soon as possible.

So I know from my own experience how important and powerful is the love that the disciple feels for his or her spiritual master. It is this love that saved me from rotting forever in the cycle of birth and death.

Passing On the Knowledge Gotten from Prabhupada
Harmony Park, Lithuania-19 July 2012

Sankarshan Das Passing On the Knowledge from Srila Prabhupada

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Stage of Absolute Freedom From Karma?

Dear Guru Maharaja,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to you!!!

Until which stage of spiritual life does one become 100% free from Sakama Karma (work for fruitive results for sense gratification)?

Begging your mercy

Virendra Kumar Trivedi

Answer: Pure Love of God

Until one becomes completely free from all material desires by fully awakening the pure love of God within his heart his actions will naturally still be tinged by selfishness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?