"You Have to Become Sober."

One spring evening in 1971 before I became a devotee I was attending a Krishna Consciousness program being conducted by His Holiness Vishnujana Swami at the home of Robin Ferris in Austin, Texas USA. At one point in the program I stepped into the kitchen to get a drink of water. And lo and behold who should show up there in kitchen with me but Vishnujana Swami himself! The two of us were now alone in the kitchen away from the crowd packed into the living room. He took the opportunity to give me a personal instruction, which went deeply into my heart as one of the most poignant instructions I had ever received in my life. He calmly, compassionately looked me squarely in the eyes and said, "You have to become sober."

The hippy philosophy popular with us counter-cultural youth at that time was to always be intoxicated on something: LSD, marijuana, magic mushrooms, etc. Being sober was just the opposite of the state of mind that we wanted to be in. So when the Swami told me that I have to become sober it was incredibly mind-blowing. I could see that he was coming from a very high state consciousness without the help of any drugs, and he was inviting me to also enter into that realm of higher consciousness.

This instruction from Vishnujana Maharaja demanded me to completely re-consider my lifestyle. Having met with this swami on a number of occasions it was obvious to see that he had truly achieved an enlightened state of uninterrupted divine bliss. He was indeed always intoxicated on the holy names of Krishna. My so-called attempts at staying high were totally dwarfed by the exalted state of highness that he had achieved. And now he was imploring me to join him in the higher realm of consciousness, which shortly thereafter did. It was the best decision I ever made in millions of lifetimes when I finally gave up my nonsense and fully surrendered to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

In my initiation letter dated 12 August 1971 which Srila Prabhupada sent me from London he said. "...you have been trained up under the expert guidance of Vishnujana Swami."

Vishnujana Swami Maharaja ki jaya!

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How Did You Transform Your Life?

How did you use meditation to transform your life?

George Ireland

Answer: By Chanting Hare Krishna

A half a century ago by meditating on ”Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare / Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare” I transformed my life from a hellish nightmare into a festival of uninterrupted, ever-increasing transcendental bliss. My mission now is to convince the whole world to chant Hare Krishna. This will completely revolutionize human history transforming this entire planet into a heavenly paradise. Please join with me in this world deliverance mission.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari is one of the spiritual masters of the worldwide Hare Krishna Movement. He has dedicated the last 50 years of his life for bringing a spiritual revolution to planet earth by spreading the teachings of Lord Sri Krishna all over the world. He is based in Austin, Texas and when there is no pandemic he regularly travels all over the world teaching his audiences how to attain Krishna consciousness, the highest stage of spiritual awakening. He is available for media interviews and to speak to groups and organizations either in person or via the internet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?