Tune In, Turn On, and Bliss Out

Tune in to Lord Krishna, turn on your real identity as His eternal servant, and completely bliss out by fully engaging yourself in His service 24 hours a day under the guidance of His pure representative, the bona fide spiritual master. This is our super ecstatic process known as Krishna consciousness.

There Is Truly No One More Glorious than Lord Sri Krishna

There Is Truly No One More Glorious than Lord Sri Krishna

Video For the Day: Paradigm Shift Mission

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Depend on Astrology and Krishna Or Depend Only on Krishna?

Please accept my humble obeisances.

This is a humble request to you to clarify my doubt about astrology.

An astrologer is like a weather man who can tell if it is going to rain. If I take an umbrella or postpone my travel then I will not get wet. Going by the simple rain and umbrella analogy, I tend to believe that an astrologer's prediction can reduce the effect of our karmic reaction or in other words has the power to change our fate or course of life.

So I humbly beg for your help into this matter so that I can get the answers to my questions which is should we take help of astrology to enhance our life or mitigate our problems? Because too much stress in life is not conducive to Krishna consciousness.

I know that over indulgence into astrology would mean less and less dependency on Krishna. Kindly guide me on how to strike the right balance or leave astrology for good and depend only on Krishna?

Your Servant
Anindo Roy

Answer: Depend Only on Krishna

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Anindo,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Regarding astrology, Srila Prabhupada said on 14 Marcy 1976 in Mayapur:

Natural sequence--just like you are infected, some contaminous disease. You'll suffer. There is a story that one fool was sitting on a branch of a tree and he was cutting off. And somebody said, "You'll fall down." "Ha, fall down.” But when he fell down he said, "Oh, you are a great astrologer." So who goes to the astrologer? Only fools and rascal. No sane man goes. (end of quote)

Personally I do not waste my time with astrologers because nowadays due to the influence of the Kali yuga they have lost the ability to give accurate readings. And even if the reading is accurate, when one surrenders to Krishna he is no longer under the influence of the stars. He is now under the influence of Krishna. This means his present and future is now changed.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Misguided Fools Say that Masturbation is Healthy