Please Help Us Take Them Home

We cannot stand to see how much the conditioned souls are suffering here in this material world. They are all citizens of the spiritual world who due to misuse of their independence have ended up in this most deplorable of all circumstances. There is no reason for all of this madness. It is simply due to their ignorance that they are now being repeatedly born, getting sick, getting old, and dying, lifetime after lifetime after lifetime. So we want to save them. This is our mission. We want to take all of the fallen, conditioned souls back to home, back to Godhead. But we cannot do this most important work alone. We require your help. Therefore please dedicate your life fully for assisting us in our world deliverance mission.

Radha and Krishna Await Your Return to the Spiritual World

Radha and Krishna Await Your Return to the Spiritual World

Video For the Day: Help Save the World

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Disturbed If Someone Speaks to Me Harshly

Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

Please accept my humble obeisances,
All Glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga!!!
All Glories to Srila Prabhupada!!!

Prabhuji, I feel very much inspired by hearing to your classes. I heard you recently in Pune and I very much liked the way you answer the questions.

Sometimes Prabhuji I feel envious of those who are better than me in their spiritual life and even in my work at office. I get very disturbed if someone speaks to me little harshly. I am very low at tolerance. Though I don't retaliate to them by speaking some harsh words, but it remains in my heart and I am not able to appreciate those devotees even though they have done so much for me either knowingly or unknowingly.

Please kindly enlighten me so that I could give up these anarthas and serve in the best possible way.

Your aspiring servant,
Akash

Answer: See Everything As the Unlimited Mercy of Krishna

Regarding your question of being envious of those devotees who are more advanced than you in Krishna consciousness, I asked a similar question to Srila Prabhupada. Here’s how he answered me:

"So far your question about jealousy, spiritual jealousy means to think always that the service rendered by such and such devotee is so nice and pleasing to Krishna, so let me try harder to please Krishna than him and then Krishna will notice me also.”

If a devotee speaks to you harshly, you should think that you deserve it for being such a nonsense and that they have now blessed you by reminding you of this fact. If you always keep this humble mood, you will advance very quickly on the pathway back to home, back to Godhead. In this connection Srila Prabhupada states in his purport to Bhagavad-gita 2.4:

"It is general etiquette that superiors are not to be offered even a verbal fight. Even if they are sometimes harsh in behavior, they should not be harshly treated."

And Lord Sri Krishna instructs in Srimad Bhagavatam 10.64.41 as follows:

"My dear followers, never treat a learned brahmana harshly, even if he has sinned. Even if he attacks you physically or repeatedly curses you, always continue to offer him obeisances."

Regarding harsh treatment at your office, this is a poignant reminder of the harsh nature of this material world. You foolishly came here thinking that you could enjoy being an imitation Krishna. But now Lord Krishna is so kind that He is putting you in a miserable situation to remind you that this place is not your home.

In this regard in a Bhagavad-gita lecture Srila Prabhupada gave this advice:

"Suppose somebody speaks of me very harshly. Naturally we become angry. Just like somebody calls me, 'You are dog,' or 'You are hog.' But if I am self-realized, if I know perfectly well that I am not this body so you call me hog, dog, or king, emperor, majesty, what is that? I am not this body. So either you call me, 'Your majesty,' or you call me a dog or a pig, what I have got to do? I am neither his majesty nor a dog nor a cat -- nothing of the sort. I am servant of Krishna."

If you will train yourself to see every experience at every moment in the light of these divine instructions, harshness or rude behavior will never torture you ever again. Rather you will experience how Lord Sri Krishna is blessing you unlimitedly in all times, places, and circumstances.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?