Who is Really Being Dogmatic?

On Saturday 7 February when I was lecturing on the science of self-realization at the University of Cincinnati a member of the audience challenged me that I was being dogmatic when in my lecture I rejected as blind faith dogma the proclamation made by a famous scientist that everything comes out of absolutely nothing. Even though there is not even one slight shred of scientific empirical evidence to be found anywhere to support this theory, I was expected by my challenger to blindly it simply because it was stated by a famous scientist. So who is really being dogmatic?

We should never accept things dogmatically on the basis of blind faith. Rather we should use intelligence and reason before we draw conclusions. We human beings have been endowed by God with advanced intelligence to understand what is the Absolute Truth. So use it or lose it. We must properly utilize our advanced-more-than-the-animals intelligence. But unfortunately our modern day educational system has trained us to be dogmatic blind followers. As soon as we hear some concept outside of the box of our accepted doctrines instead of open-mindedly considering it, we immediately blindly label it is at dogma. What can I say? In this way we are dogmatically relegating ourselves to ignorance and to devolving to a lower species in our next life. Therefore instead of going down to the animal kingdom in our next birth we should shun all forms of dogmatic thinking and learn how to think outside of the box. This is real human life. This is liberation.

Did Everything Really Come Out of This?

Did Everything Really Come Out of This?

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Get Satisfaction in Chanting?

Dear Guru Maharaja,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

When I am chanting there are no emotions anymore. And this is a long time like this. This makes me worried. Have I lost the connection? How to make Krishna pleased?

But now I read Srila Prabhupada's books. There is nectar. There is sacred emotion.

You are my spiritual master. How can I serve you? Do you accept me as your disciple?

You wrote in my Bhagavad-gita, "Become Krishna conscious now." How to do that? I try to think about Krishna and you as much as possible. Please guide me. Thank you.

I love you.

K.G.
Latvia.

Answer: Keep Digging Until You Hit the Treasure.

Rest assured that the pure emotion of love of God is there within you right now. This unlimited good fortune is simply buried very deeply now by the thick, hard dirt of material consciousness. Even though you don’t see the gold right now, you should keep digging because once you dig deep enough you will uncover that inconceivably wonderful treasure and all of your desire for knowledge, love, and happiness will be completely fulfilled for all of eternity. So now even if you get a little sweaty and tired working hard to uncover the treasure, you should keep on digging with undiminished enthusiasm. The supreme perfect of pure Krishna consciousness will soon be yours.

You have not lost your connection. Krishna is very pleased by your dedicated endeavor.

You are fortunate indeed to receive the special mercy of Srila Prabhupada that you are tasting nectar and experiencing sacred emotion by reading his books. This is the wonderful compassion of Krishna’s pure devotee upon you.

To someone who is aspiring to become my initiated disciple my instruction is the same as the instruction to my initiated disciple. Fix yourself in sadhana bhakti by chanting at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mahamantra every day on your japa mala beads and by strictly avoid the four pillars of sinful life (illicit sex, meat eating, intoxication, and gambling). Plus my humble request is that you should fully absorb your thoughts, words, and deeds in assisting me in the most wonderful mission given to us Srila Prabhupada to make the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?